Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: Offensive Styles - Spread Offense

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: Offensive Styles - Spread Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #57
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Football 11 Blog: Offensive Styles - Spread Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
Wouldn't be the first thing that Michigan has done illegally.
http://www.traditionfootball.com/for...ad.php?t=24008
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #58
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Hahaha thanks guys. The Chuck Norris Approval lets me know the joke was classic.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #59
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Good stuff. I hope they add Texas Tech's wrinkle where the start with 2 RBs in the Shotgun and one of them sprints out toward the slot. They run a ton of plays of this, including thowing the bubble quickly to the motion man.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:54 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
That was interesting, but I was hoping for Dynasty Part3. Hopefully it is worth the wait. Good news about the demo coming soon though.
when did they say the demo would be released?
Old 05-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Isn't the Wolverine Split formation illegal with the uncovered LT? It'll also be interesting to see if they call a penalty on you if you throw it to the TE who is covered (if, of course, there are even any routes for him and if you can hot route him).
A lot of teams have overload I formations and neither the TE or LT can go out for a pass, though a tackle eligible would be an awesome wrinkle (especially for Alabama, considering our rich history when it comes to tackle eligible plays, i.e. Jerry Duncan and Andre Smith).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 20

Looks great. Exciting to see the correct read option logic and blocking implemented in the game, especially since it's a big part of my favorite teams offense

Hopefully offense and defense are balanced as others have said, because if they are this game could be really good. Even if they aren't, the defensive sliders could be adjusted to make it more even.

Finally looks the next gen NCAA devs get it and are focusing on getting the fundamentals right. Wish it would have happened sooner, but still nice to see.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 05-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #63
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
in one of the videos that was released about a month ago, it showed the OLB as the option guy in a 3-4 defense.
It doesn't matter what the scheme is, the rule is that you leave the end man on the line of scrimmage (within the box).

In a 3-4 you don't always option the outside linebacker (using the logic EA has described).

If you run an option to the weak side (no TE) and the DT/DE is playing a "5" technique on your Offensive Tackle, then he is the end man on the line if it's a true 3-4 with the OLB playing back.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
It doesn't matter what the scheme is, the rule is that you leave the end man on the line of scrimmage (within the box).

In a 3-4 you don't always option the outside linebacker (using the logic EA has described).

If you run an option to the weak side (no TE) and the DT/DE is playing a "5" technique on your Offensive Tackle, then he is the end man on the line if it's a true 3-4 with the OLB playing back.
in that case they would still pitch off the outside backer if it was a speed option, but yeah he would read the 5 technique if no tight end, on a zone read i'm sure

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »