Home

confused about miami

This is a discussion on confused about miami within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: confused about miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcshea
Yeah 59% passer and 17 INT's is not very accurate.
Stats were inflated due to the terrible O-Line
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 10:42 PM   #26
Rookie

ash00141's Arena

OVR: 1

Some guys may run speeds like that in a regular workout but when you strap on pads it makes a slight difference. I know it's not a major difference but when you are talking about the difference between a 4.4 and a 4.6 that in major college football, that's a pretty significant difference. Not everyone slows down in pads, but some guys do, which is why guys like pryor run a 4.3 in a workout but don't appear to be quite that fast on the field in a game.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:44 PM   #27
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooShay
Stats were inflated due to the terrible O-Line
well that and the 4 ints vs. UNC, 3 vs. Clemson, etc.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #28
Rookie

dmhtfld's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash00141
Some guys may run speeds like that in a regular workout but when you strap on pads it makes a slight difference. I know it's not a major difference but when you are talking about the difference between a 4.4 and a 4.6 that in major college football, that's a pretty significant difference. Not everyone slows down in pads, but some guys do, which is why guys like pryor run a 4.3 in a workout but don't appear to be quite that fast on the field in a game.
i wasnt talking about in pads i was just talking about the difference of being timed running a 40 in practice and then running one at the combine.

Last edited by dmhtfld; 06-02-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #29
Rookie

ash00141's Arena

Yeah i know. I was talking more in general about how guys run really good forty times and don't appear as fast when you watch a game, because running a straight line sprint out of a stance in workout clothes is different than playing a football game with so many other factors involved. The number you mentioned about pryor was just handy to use as an example.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:19 PM   #30
Rookie

mcshea's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickzeus
you do realize if every student at Miami brought 2 friends they wouldnt even fill half the stadium? Comments like that are ignorant...Miami is a small private college. Do some research before you start saying they have no support
Clemson has 4,000 more students than Miami, yet they get at least 75,000 people at their games each week. Any ranked team like Miami should be able to average more than 47,000 people at their games no matter what the enrollment of the school is. That is pathetic. Even Virginia (3-9) who has 5,000 more students than Miami averaged more fans and in a smaller stadium too.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:31 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 8

I dont' know if this conversation is more about the videogame or real life, but as a die-hard Miami fan (who remembers life before that first national title) I can say without question that Miami football is down and will stay down for years to come. It's not merely a question of coaching despite Randy Shannon being horrid.

It's a question of the program in general. The current administration at Miami has no real commitment to fielding a nationally-competitive team. The move to the ACC was about locking in a foundation of financial support. Donna Shalala--President of Miami--wants to make us "Duke south". Winning a few rivalry games and earning top 10 rankings now and then are now icing on the cake of ACC financial security and an emphasis on no embarassing off-field incidents.

As evidence, I offer that while Miami has managed to recruit some talent, those players fail to develop. Jacory Harris made the same mistakes at the end of last season (even moreso) as he did at the beginning. OC Mark Whipple was a nice pick up and showed some promise, but the team faded down the stretch.

For all of Shannon's history as a Hurricane, he lacks the ability to consistently motivate these players, has no creative coaching blood in his veins, and is all but lost on game day.

A new coach would be a nice step (the crazy pirate Mike Leach was interested back in '06--that woulda been something) but it's the Miami administration that no longer cares about "The U" except in TV ads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 11:46 PM   #32
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcshea
Yeah 59% passer and 17 INT's is not very accurate.
Now if you knew anything about miami, you would know that he had a torn ligament in his thum on his throwing hand. I saw him play and he had zero (0) zip on his passes. Most of his picks came at the muddle to end of the season when this occured. I will say his decision making needs to get better

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »