Home

Improvements Needed to General Online Play

This is a discussion on Improvements Needed to General Online Play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Improvements Needed to General Online Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewislegend
I think NCAA 10 had a good stepping stone last year...

If we left the rating system up to the users completely...i totally agree that many would claim that ppl are chessers simply because they lost and are poor losers. The way to fix that would be to allow the rating system to be determined by sportsmanship points which would translate to like a 5 star system similar to mlb the show.

For example, if I was playing in the game and i went for it on 4th down when i'm up by a lot in my own territory, the game would dock me sportsmanship points, therefore lowering my overall score. On the flip side, if i merely punted it like i am supposed to, then i raise my sportsmanship score, therefore raising my overall rating. Idk just an idea...
This is what we need. Most other examples dont seem realistic. Awarding Points based on gameplay other than people's vote makes sense. When I beat someone straight up, I dont want someone voting me as a cheeser. My rating based on punting on 4th down and running when I'm crushing someone will show that I am a good sportsman. We dont need anything else imo.

my teams:
  • NFL: GREEN BAY PACKERS
  • NCAA: Penn State
Old 06-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Improvements Needed to General Online Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewislegend
I think NCAA 10 had a good stepping stone last year...

If we left the rating system up to the users completely...i totally agree that many would claim that ppl are chessers simply because they lost and are poor losers. The way to fix that would be to allow the rating system to be determined by sportsmanship points which would translate to like a 5 star system similar to mlb the show.

For example, if I was playing in the game and i went for it on 4th down when i'm up by a lot in my own territory, the game would dock me sportsmanship points, therefore lowering my overall score. On the flip side, if i merely punted it like i am supposed to, then i raise my sportsmanship score, therefore raising my overall rating. Idk just an idea...
I didn't play much online last year (about 60 ranked matches before my ODs started and then never again) but I used Season Showdown to determine who I played and it worked very well. I only played people with high sportsmanship (usually indicative of sim play) and low strategy (IE. no run committing and gameplanning) and out of my 60 games I only played 3 cheesers. Some of the other 57 would run/pass commit, but only in appropriate situations instead of all the time. They played 4-3/3-4/4-2-5 when I came out in 2 WR sets. They punted on 4th down, except for when you'd expect a real team to go for it. They didn't sprint around outside the pocket constantly. Etc, etc.

If someone's SS numbers weren't ratioed like I wanted, I didn't play them. If I couldn't see their numbers, I didn't play them. This philosophy worked surprisingly well in getting me sim style games out of the lobby.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »