Home

How do you Feel About No Coaching Carousel This Year

This is a discussion on How do you Feel About No Coaching Carousel This Year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Thoughts on the Exclusion of Coaching Carousel?
Extremely Disappointed, to the point of it influencing whether or not to purchase. 33 18.54%
Disappointed, but the other additions to the game are enough to satisfy me this year. 106 59.55%
Indifferent. 39 21.91%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #41
Banned

Xaos's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: How do you Feel About No Coaching Carousel This Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
The thing that drives me crazy is that term - System QB - is said like it's a bad thing. Wasn't Joe Montana a System QB? Steve Young? Dan Marino? I think Colt Brennan summed it up best when he said, Yes, I am a system QB. I play in a system and we excel in it.

The defense rests your honor!

Until they got to the Sugar Bowl against a real good team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #42
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolson88
Honestly, I'm a litte bummed, but if schools end up recruiting to their play style (read: GT NOT recruiting pocket passers and such) then I could care less about coaching carousel. The recruiting-to-the-offense issue I think is much more important, especially with the 120 Ways To Win message.
This is a good point, even though I wanted the Coaching Carousel, it does not mean anything until this aspect is working correctly.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
lol.. whatever. Texas Tech, Houston, Hawaii and several other "systems" are known to inflate a QB's statistics. How many of their NCAA record breaking QB's hold their weight in the NFL.... ZERO...

im not hating, but their NCAA stats have alot to do with the system, not the player... i can list the QB's if you want.
Dude, you don't get it. What does the NFL have to do with anything, thought we were talking about college QBs???

Tim Tebow was a system QB. Tommy Frazier a system QB. Drew Brees a system QB. Sam Bradford a system QB. Those guys all suck too??

Stats tell part of the story, but statistics arent the only way to evaluate a QB. How about wins and losses?? How about comeback wins at the end of the game (something Keenum really excels at). John Elway was a system QB and great at leading his team to victory at the end of the game, let me guess, he wasn't any good either???
Old 06-16-2010, 05:32 PM   #44
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos
Until they got to the Sugar Bowl against a real good team
Yep. You have one school who has, what... a half million a year for recruiting? Another w/ $50,000. Yeah, the game was a blow out but the ride getting there was fun to watch. From 2006-07 Hawaii was 23-4. Played against two of the better SEC teams and held their own at Alabama.

Once Jones left they have fallen back down to the lower 25 of the 120 schools. Sad. It will be fun to watch Jones at SMU, where he can actually recruit. Give him a couple more years and SMU may start signing 4 and 5 star players. Perhaps he'll see Georgia again...

Old 06-16-2010, 05:33 PM   #45
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHCougarfan
Dude, you don't get it. What does the NFL have to do with anything, thought we were talking about college QBs???

Tim Tebow was a system QB. Tommy Frazier a system QB. Drew Brees a system QB. Sam Bradford a system QB. Those guys all suck too??

Stats tell part of the story, but statistics arent the only way to evaluate a QB. How about wins and losses?? How about comeback wins at the end of the game (something Keenum really excels at). John Elway was a system QB and great at leading his team to victory at the end of the game, let me guess, he wasn't any good either???
trust me, i get it.. i get that your a Coug's homer that is blinded by your love for your team and players... props to you for your passion in your team.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 05:37 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
trust me, i get it.. i get that your a Coug's homer that is blinded by your love for your team and players... props to you for your passion in your team.
Way to not answer my questions and provide ZERO legitimate and thoughtful response.

And it is Coogs, not Cougs...lol... Your in Texas and you don't know that??? You must be an Aggie.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #47
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Didn't expect it to be in. Probably will be in next year. I get the feeling it wasn't voted on as much as the other stuff in that list, same as AD mode. I really think we will see them next year.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:45 PM   #48
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHCougarfan
Way to not answer my questions and provide ZERO legitimate and thoughtful response.

And it is Coogs, not Cougs...lol... Your in Texas and you don't know that??? You must be an Aggie.
I'm have no school affiliation in Texas... but im not turning this into a flame war. Like I said, I'm glad you have such a passion for your team.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »