Home

Illegal recruiting and violations?

This is a discussion on Illegal recruiting and violations? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2010, 02:25 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Illegal recruiting and violations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zav
I think this could add tremendous depth too dynasty mode...

I mean USC is banned from post season play for 2 years and lost 30 recruits but that doesnt affect anything in NCAA 11. Im starting to think this way. We should have the option to pay players to come to our school etc and we should be build realistic rivalries that effect the players we sign. If someone paid off a player there could be like an NCAA investigation once the player graduated and you would answer a series of questions etc. If found guilty, you get a ban and lose scholarships in direct variation to what you did. I dont know about you but if this gets implemented id surely weigh the pros and cons of maybe reaching out with a little cash to bring in a big time recruit that would forever change my program and the way i recruit. Sure i might get penalized but if my prestige goes up because of his performance perhaps i can get better players from it. It opens the door to things like that if implented correctly.

Anyone else interested in possible recruiting violations?
I am sure the NCAA would not appreciate even being asked if stuff like this could get in the game.

On last gen, there were player suspensions. It would have to be personal conduct issues, though (partying, skipping class, missing practice, etc...). It would make the game more realistic but I don't see it happening. Perhaps a recruit could get in trouble and you'd lose him, but other than that, I think EA's hands are probably tied here.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:56 AM   #34
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs0ng
Do I what? Know why they were punished so harshly? Yes, I stated that in my original post if you even bothered to read it.

Why would they promote the the idea of getting away with cheating? Use the brain that you have, and think about some common sense. You obviously don't think it's wrong to cheat as long as you don't get caught if you're promoting the idea that it should be in the game.

You say it's cause you want to make the game more realistic, that would NOT make it that way. Why? Well, if YOU are willing to cheat and take a risk to get a top prospect, then why wouldn't other schools do the same? It would come down to, who can offer more money and the recruiting system would be pointless.

2 year ban of bowl games and 30 prospects. If you can get a Reggie Bush for that and win 2 out of maybe the 3 or 4 years he's there, it's worth it to lose 2 bowl games and 30 prospects.

Bottom line, they are never going to allow you to cheat. You might as well tell them to put steroids in too no? Let them put roids in baseball and football games. Let you lie about your age in baseball and basketball. Let you pay the refs to get foul calls your way in the NBA. But heck, your logic is that it's okay to cheat if you don't get caught.
Uh, an Agent not related with USC gave Bush extra benifits (some of which include a house for his parents, travel expenses, etc...). Notice the word "Agent" and the words "not related with USC".

Obviously somebody has been watching too much ESPN, huh?
Old 06-21-2010, 07:03 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 9

lol@not demeaning to the ncaa. you mean like whoring out female students to potential signees?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 07:15 AM   #36
Banned

theant1h3ro's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveHeart
Uh, an Agent not related with USC gave Bush extra benifits (some of which include a house for his parents, travel expenses, etc...). Notice the word "Agent" and the words "not related with USC".

Seriously....I think I may find a football player at the University of Florida or better yet FUCLA or Oregon that is stupid enough to let me buy them a car and then turn them in two years later for it....
Old 06-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveHeart

You do know that your coaching staff was fully aware of what was going on, right? Sure, the report may say that it was only one assistant coach, but I have a hard time believing the whole staff didnt know. And also the "agent" was a USC booster, or at least I thought. But anyway, thats beyond the point. At least one member of the coaching staff was fully aware of Reggie Bush not being an amateur athlete, as defined by the NCAA.

Also, one would think that with all the trips they were going on, it would have thrown up a red flag..

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
And, as a coach, if your program gets slapped with sanctions due to your negligence you should have the option to get imported into Madden and get rewarded with a lucrative, long-term contract.
*coughcough*Pete Carroll*coughcough*
Old 06-21-2010, 10:29 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBruce
*coughcough*Pete Carroll*coughcough*
You got the joke...

― Plato
Old 06-21-2010, 10:38 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
You got the joke...
eh, thanks? (unsure if being sarcastic or not lol)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »