Home

Conference Realignment

This is a discussion on Conference Realignment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
Rookie

wkukicksbutt's Arena

OVR: 4
Conference Realignment

Just wondering, how many people will manuever conferences and teams around to get how the conferences will look like in a couple of years? Because I am, and here is how I am going to do it. This is just in case you can only swap teams from conferences and not just add, and sorry Duke or ACC fans you may not like what you see.

Team Orignially in Spot >>> Team that Replaces That Spot

ACC-Atlantic
BC >>> Wisconsin
Clemson >>> Nebraska
Florida State >>> Iowa
Maryland >>> Minnesota
NC State >>> Illinois
Wake Forest >>> Indiana

ACC- Coastal
Duke >>> Purdue
GA Tech >>> Penn St
Miami(FL) >>> Michigan St
UNC >>> Northwestern
Virginia >>> Michigan
Va Tech >>> Ohio State

Big Ten
Illinois >>> Va Tech
Indiana >>> Virginia
Iowa >>> UNC
Michigan >>> Florida St.
Michigan St >>> Miami
Minnesota >>> Wake
Northwestern >>> Maryland
Ohio State >>> GA Tech
Penn State >>> Clemson
Purdue >>> NC State
Wisconsin >>> BC

Big 12- North
Baylor >>> Utah
Oklahoma >>> Oregon
Okla. St >>> Oregon St
Texas >>> Washington
Texas A&M >>> Washington St
Tex. Tech >>> Colorado

Big 12- South
Colorado >>> Cal
Iowa St >>> Stanford
Kansas >>> Arizona
K-State >>> Arizona St
Missouri >>> UCLA
Nebraska >>> USC

Pac-10
Arizona >>> Baylor
Arizona St. >>> TX Tech
Cal >>> Okla. St
Oregon >>> Kansas
Oregon St >>> Kansas St.
Stanford >>> Oklahoma
UCLA >>> Tex. A&M
USC >>> Texas
Washington >>> Missouri
Wash. St. >>> Iowa State

C-USA East
S. Miss >>> Duke

C-USA West
UTEP >>> S. Miss

MWC
Utah >>> Boise

WAC
Boise >>> UTEP

What do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
six
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Conference Realignment

So...you are ok with the Big Ten being in the "ACC Conference" and in the ACC Conference championship in North Carolina or wherever they play it now...tampa maybe?

Etc, on the other conferences...I like what you are trying to do, but without being able to edit conferences, or locations for conference title games, etc, it kinda sucks and is even more unrealistic than just leaving them as is. It's not your fault obviously, it's EA's for not making conference realignment and custom conferences a deeper feature in this game.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Shawnj86's Arena

OVR: 16

I would have keep it the way it was
Old 06-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnj86
I would have keep it the way it was
I second that. As much as I would like to...I just hate seeing teams getting shafted
Old 06-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

its not bad idea. but too much work for me. I'll just play the way it is this year. I really hope EA in the future lets use have all custom conferences. We can do it in Madden. Why not the NCAA? It doesnt make the NCAA look bad, its just a feature that lets us customize our game. They would be "new conferences" aka We re name them. But i dont see why we havent already been able to do this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
its not bad idea. but too much work for me. I'll just play the way it is this year. I really hope EA in the future lets use have all custom conferences. We can do it in Madden. Why not the NCAA? It doesnt make the NCAA look bad, its just a feature that lets us customize our game. They would be "new conferences" aka We re name them. But i dont see why we havent already been able to do this
There are, of course, intricacies involved when it comes to either growing conferences or creating custom ones. For growing existing ones, the scheduling gets more complex. For creating ones like you're suggesting, you'd have to come up with a way to customize what bowl affiliations they have and whether or not they get a BCS bid and what not.

Back on topic, I will likely swap out the Big 10 and Big 12 conferences for my single player dynasty in '11. This gives me a Nebraska in the "Big 10" and a CCG there, but then the "Big 10" champ won't be playing in the Rose Bowl anymore.

@OP--

One thing to keep in mind when making as many switches as you are is that the teams you swap get that conference schedule. I'll be Michigan and I want to play aOSU as the final game of every year (like they always do in real life). While playing around in NCAA '10, I found that I would get this by swapping Texas/TexasA&M for Michigan/aOSU, but not with any other combo of teams in the Big 12 South. I didn't notice if there are teams in the Big 12 North that always play the last game every year.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 06-28-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #7
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

Swapping the Big XII with the Pac 10 was a really good idea.

I personally am going to just do the opposite of real life and make the Big XII into a powerhouse.

Big XII North

Boise St.
Utah
BYU
Kansas
Kansas St.
Missouri

Big XII South

Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
Texas
Texas Tech
Texas A&M
TCU

Will move Nebraska to the Big 10...probably taking Northwestern's place. Was tempted to move Missouri out to the Big 10 too since they wanted out, and maybe put Notre Dame in their place. That might make my dynasty with Kansas though, a big too tough.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:24 AM   #8
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

This is how I might align my conferences in the new NCAA 11. I never purchased or played NCAA 10 since I already had NCAA 09 and didn't find the updates and additions worth the 60 bucks so I never used the custom conference feature before but I think it will be pretty cool this year with the addition of dynamic conference logos on the field, to bad the jersey patches didn't change as well but one thing at a time I guess. So here is what I'm thinking of doing after reading other posters inputs and reasoning's off this board as well as some others. First off these changes aren't really meant to mimic the real life changes but changes I think would be cool with or without real conference expansion. Changes are done in RED*. I know a handful wont agree with some of my changes and that's o.k. these are just changes "I" personally would like. One change still rolling around in my head is a Nebraska-Iowa swap since Iowa, while a long time member of the Big Ten wouldn't be that far fetched in the Big 12 geographically especially when you figure their rival Iowa State is in the Big 12. What do you guys think of that move and some of the others I made?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »