Home

An Idaho Franchise is the test of a man's man

This is a discussion on An Idaho Franchise is the test of a man's man within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2010, 03:52 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: An Idaho Franchise is the test of a man's man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
Idaho will have a good offense in the first year, and with Arizona State RB transfer Ryan Bass with 3 years of eligibility.
I think Idaho's defense will shine more this season. They are returning 10 starters on defense, but only 4 on offense.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:56 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I think your thinking of Idaho State, they have 7,000. Idaho is more like 16,000 capacity.
Yeah, you're right. But even at that, 16,000 fans... That's not even half the size of Martin Stadium. I guess my whole point is that it would be awesome if EA put a stadium creator/renovation tool in so that we could have long-lasting dynasties with these small schools and give them a new stadium/facilities when the winning began. It would make it a whole lot better. It just seems ridiculous to play multiple seasons, maybe even winning a national title, and playing in such a small stadium/dome.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:13 AM   #59
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
I'd love to, but the Kibbie Dome is absolutely atrocious. No offense, but I'd get bored real quick. Maybe it's just me but stadiums are a big sell for me and keep me interested; doing U of I dynasty would have zero staying power with me.

This is why EA needs to have a stadium creator or some type of renovation tool in their games. I could take Idaho to the promised land over multiple seasons and win National Titles but I'd still be playing in the Kibbie Dome with 7,000 fans at the game.
That's why I've never picked them. I do a single Dynasty and after 10 years or so then change to a terrible team, but I always check out their uniforms and stadium first so I don't get bored with them quickly. I don't think I could do 10 years of that dome.

And definitely agree with the stadium thing. It just feels odd after you've won championships and been moved up to a BCS conference that the stadium is still the same, would be nice if they let you choose from a few different stadiums like on the Team Builder site. Then you'd at least have something bigger and better with minimal effort for EA.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:18 AM   #60
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

Back when UTEP was really bad (pre-Mike Price) on I think NCAA 2003, I bet my roommate a case of beer that he couldn't win the national title with UTEP in 2 weeks on AA. He did it, just barely. Now that was impressive.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:41 AM   #61
Rookie

thehogue2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngerParade
I suggest to all of the more seasoned NCAA players out there to try something different this year. Maybe it doesn't need to be your primary dynasty, but take some time and throw the potato state some love (Boise is not a state.) Whether or not the EA rosters reflect it Idaho has a talented offense, a questionable O-Line and a Secondary that makes you cringe. I say that makes for some fun games and challenging recruiting.
I've played w/ them before their dome is nice to me for some reason. I became a powerhouse in like 3 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #62
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Looks pretty good here

Old 07-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #63
Rookie

thehogue2's Arena

OVR: 0

Yea it does. I may start another dynasty w/ them again, eventually.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehogue2
Yea it does. I may start another dynasty w/ them again, eventually.
i do the same too. lol
That is video looks nice!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »