Home

Recruiting Thoughts

This is a discussion on Recruiting Thoughts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting Thoughts

Hockey,

Did you make Nickol a WR? I changed him into one pre-season, but he was only rated like a 64, so I kept him as a QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #26
Rookie

RazorFang's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuhockeycj
definately, you also have to try and figure out whos gonna be pushing hard for some guys. I was relaxing on a 3* RB who was maybe the 4th pick for rb on my list but after a couple lost interest ive had to go 4-6 pitches every time to compete with Central for this guy. I feel like Im over spending on him but I cant bear the thought of losing out on a RB I want to add right now to a MAC school, even if he seems to be their top priority.
So does the priority list make a difference? You mentioned that CMU had that running back as their top priority which made it more difficult for you to recruit him...sounds like the way you prioritize makes a major difference.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
How hard is it to move up to say 9th to 2nd on a recruit? Im sure it depends on how much time you spend on him.

In the past i've always just automatically put any 5* or highly ranked 4* guy on my board without paying much attention to where im ranked in his top 10. Sounds like you might have to pay attention to that this year.

someone posted somewhere on here that they simmed to 2015 and every QB on GT had a 75+ speed
It all depends on the recruit, some will have wide pt margins that make it impossible to move up that much while others will be very slim
Old 07-10-2010, 01:52 PM   #28
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Thank you OP for all the information and feedback!

I'm loving all of it, recruiting sounds great and difficult. I'm going to set it at heisman.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecsdcopper
Hockey,

Did you make Nickol a WR? I changed him into one pre-season, but he was only rated like a 64, so I kept him as a QB.
Yea I did alot of editing with the Michigan State roster, I edited in a few guys changed some people around and edited attributes up and down when needed, OVR stayed the same and defense ended up going down a point I think. But I took one of the FR and made Nichol out of that editing everything. I switched Kyle Nichol (QB) to Andrew Maxwell and lowered the speed. Both Lines needed alot of work, EA just invented a DT to be 1st string.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:56 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorFang
So does the priority list make a difference? You mentioned that CMU had that running back as their top priority which made it more difficult for you to recruit him...sounds like the way you prioritize makes a major difference.
I dont think its where they are on the board so much as just who they choose to spend their time on, I ended up losing out on that RB, that kinda pissed me off but good get for CMU
Old 07-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 9

Mich St- Are you talking DT number 70? He does look made up, but I found the rest of the DT's to be correct
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 02:08 PM   #32
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuhockeycj
I dont think its where they are on the board so much as just who they choose to spend their time on, I ended up losing out on that RB, that kinda pissed me off but good get for CMU
So would I be correct in assuming that board order is now just about organizing your prospects, and the effectiveness of the calls(points gained or taken away from other teams) is all that matters.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »