Home

NCAA Football 11 IMPRESSIONS ONLY

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 IMPRESSIONS ONLY within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 11 IMPRESSIONS ONLY

As everyone knows, NCAA Football 11 has been released. We are closing the current impressions post, because it is filled with too many questions and is becoming increasingly hard to find impressions, that are scattered through it.

If you have any questions, we have this newly created topic for Q&A

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ball-11-q.html

Or you can simply post your question in the Forums. We are trying to clean things up a little more, so keeping impressions in one thread, without the questions and comments, will clear things up.

When someone comes into a topic, that states impressions only, that is what they expect to read, not a bunch of questions and comments. Save those questions and comments for this topic.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ball-11-q.html

Thanks for understanding, now please post your IMPRESSIONS here. If they are not impressions, they will be deleted, so consider that a warning.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 07-13-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 11 IMPRESSIONS ONLY

This game is definetly the best of the current gen. I can't tell you how nice it is to finally see the ball spin on replays, finally throw the deep ball and my games seem to take longer now because I like to watch the in between cut scenes.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3

Here are my first impressions. Best Uni Combo in the game is TAMU Maroon Helmet, with the white Jersey, Grey pants, and white shoes. Looks awesome. I played against Oregon and beat them 20-10 on Heisman. I think it was the most satisfying game I have ever played. Nothing felt scripted and I really felt like I earned the win. Also, 3:30 start time ended at night with the stadium lights on. It was amazing.......Great Job EA!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Like I said in a previous post..I am not making sliders for the next 2 months. Within the next hour we will be done with what we are going to roll with. If some things are "off" well it's "My world".....

I've settled on AA level and slow speed with a speed threshhold of 40 right now.

Playing a few more test games and then it's go time.

Great job EA! Thanks for bringing NCAA back from hell. Just keep it from returning there.

Ok that's it. Short and simple....

later

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9

Just played a game at night in freezing cold weather. The "breath" looks amazing this yr! especially in the closeup cut scenes.

great game so far
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Over all awesome game. Best intro I seen for a sports game in a long time. Didn't like the fact by default they have EVERYTHING ON in the sports ticker. I mean seriously I think EA has a feed for every sport possible, about the only ones I didn't see a feed for was cricket, rugby and lacrosse.

Challenging game even on default. Like any sports game, a few sliders tweaking is needed. But I really do mean a few. About the only problem I seen was the cpu not being able to run the ball. CPU rushed 25 times for 25 yards.

Also the cpu pass protection is a tad bit too good and the human pass protection is a tad bit too weak. Love the fact the cpu actually pass to their FB's and TE's. So this year you might want to pay attention to them, because if they left open, they going to get the ball and get it a lot.

The player stumbles is awesome to see. You literally can make yourself fall if your sprinting with a DE or LB and try to cut back too sharply. USER strips are nice and work perfectly.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #7
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Also the cpu pass protection is a tad bit too good and the human pass protection is a tad bit too weak..
i thought i was the only one thinking that. ima have to adjust my sliders on that one but overall good game. i hate the camera view on the option. its too close. i can't see the open field
Old 07-13-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Yes, computer run needs upped. The computer does get very good pass protection but sacks still come. I played a season already with Toledo and had a player get 8 sacks for the season. 1.5 off the lead. I also had a player lead the nation in solo tackles with ~59. Seems like tackles are toned for shorter quarters but not the rest of the stats. Assisted tackles stats are tracked as well which is very nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »