Home

Wow, shocking NCAA test results

This is a discussion on Wow, shocking NCAA test results within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 02:51 AM   #65
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Wow, shocking NCAA test results

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascocm
mmorg,

We will have to agree to disagree. All I know is on my 360 at fast game speed with 99 speed and a 99 ACC from a running start, there was no difference in 40. Now that has been explained why that may be, but what I cannot explain is why there is no seperation in the wr test. This thread has taken a different direction. My original point was a college player cannot run a 3.4 40 with pads on, even from a running start. I would be surprised if Bolt could even get close. If you want realistic player speeds, play on slow. I am now enjoying fast with truer speeds and feel free to enjoy it whatever way you choose, too.
You are still doing it wrong. From a running start the fastest college players could very easily approach a time of 3.4 seconds in a timed 40. I timed Jordan Shipley returning a kick off against Tx A&M I think and he was going full speed once he hit the 40 yard line. He covered the 40 yards in about 3.6 to 3.7. I can only imagine what a Trindon Holliday or Jacoby Ford would run in that situation.

The whole issue here is that you need the players to run from a stationary position. The SPEED rating is your CONTROL in this experiment and the ACCELERATION is your VARIABLE. The only way to test acceleration is to see how fast they can reach their maximum velocity, which is the same hence it is the CONTROL.

Basically you are wrong and still don't get it. You need to reread some posts in this thread or google physics.

Last edited by mmorg; 07-17-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 02:55 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 15

This thread is hilarious.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:59 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 2

Whn they are standing on the los pre-snap they are as still as you can get. I understand everything being said, and as I stated, here is the issue: 3.4 in pads on fast; 4.2 in pads on very slow. I assumed some people might want to know there is a difference in speed. The only reason I set acc at 99 was so I had a constant variable, and the mistake I made was not timing acc when standing still. I tried timing it from the 11 yard line in a 10-yard dash after the rb bumped into my lineman on the 10.5, but since they aren't in sprinters stance, and wear pads, it is kind of out of my hands. I am glad you got them to stand still and agree to run the 40 for you, why you used your laser timer. That is awesome.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:59 AM   #68
Banned

pogo, did you do the wr test you mentioned?
Old 07-17-2010, 03:00 AM   #69
MVP

I'm going to test this for myself, because no one has convinced me that they're doing it right yet.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:08 AM   #70
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascocm
Whn they are standing on the los pre-snap they are as still as you can get. I understand everything being said, and as I stated, here is the issue: 3.4 in pads on fast; 4.2 in pads on very slow. I assumed some people might want to know there is a difference in speed. The only reason I set acc at 99 was so I had a constant variable, and the mistake I made was not timing acc when standing still. I tried timing it from the 11 yard line in a 10-yard dash after the rb bumped into my lineman on the 10.5, but since they aren't in sprinters stance, and wear pads, it is kind of out of my hands. I am glad you got them to stand still and agree to run the 40 for you, why you used your laser timer. That is awesome.
Try this. Put the ball at your own 10 yard line. Pass it to the player you want to test. Get him to stand still on the 40 yard line. Wait a few seconds and take off for the end zone and go ahead and score. Go to instant replay and time it from there. This way you can get your traditional 40 times without having alien appendages like I apparently do.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:12 AM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Try this. Put the ball at your own 10 yard line. Pass it to the player you want to test. Get him to stand still on the 40 yard line. Wait a few seconds and take off for the end zone and go ahead and score. Go to instant replay and time it from there. This way you can get your traditional 40 times without having alien appendages like I apparently do.
For what it's worth, players with identical speeds but different accelerations should be able to be tested side by side with noticeable difference using fly routes. Timing isn't necessary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 03:15 AM   #72
Banned

If u stand him still at the 40, his takeoff is way to long since he isnt in sprinters stance. At least put him on the 40.5 and clock him as he crosses the line. Anyways, I love this game and thankfully I don't need math or physics for my career. Now that I have adjusted speeds, I am enjoying it alot more and I am curious if others would too.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »