Home

NCAA Football 11 Tuning Requests

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Tuning Requests within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 01:18 AM   #41
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Football 11 Tuning Requests

Improve the cpu logic with regard to teams that run the Option. Too many mis-directed passed to the HB which result in fumbles.

The cpu needs to run the option better. Difficult to achieve in cpu v cpu games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 01:37 AM   #42
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

These apply for online only, because they actually aren't a problem offline, for whatever reason.

1. Increase the pass rush off a 4 man rush. Still gives QB's 7+ seconds to throw. Blitzes are the only real way to get pressure.

2. O-Lineman block the right guys but the DL always seem to get off the block just as the RB goes by him, often turning an 8+ yard gain into a 2 or 3 yard one. This happens very consistently.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 12

1. Reduce fumbling frequency.

2. Still too much leaning/stumbling for no reason by cpu runners esp. option QB's.

3. Cpu option teams are really screwed up. Maybe they can tune just those teams to hold blocks a little longer and have the defenses react a tad bit slower.

4. Swats by linebackers 10 yards in front of receivers on passes that should have a much higher trajectory. Too many perfectly timed swats by linemen. Verticals too high with ridiculous hang time. It's like the offensive linemen are picking them up and hoisting them in the air.

5. Maybe it's different on different levels but, the rubberband AI on Heisman is a joke. Makes games incredibly predictable. Kinda like the basketball games where you know a run is coming and there is nothing you can do about it. You become offensively inept and your defenders become brain dead and the cpu offense becomes super human.

Everything else, outside of the bootleg screen issue, seems correctable with sliders.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Linebackers have magnetic hands and the ball is made of metal when it's thrown over their heads.

You will RARELY see a LB pick off a pass because they are moving laterally and can't gather their hips to explode into the air for an interception. In NCAA 11, however; LBs can rocket to the ball regardless of locomotion. It's like locomotion doesn't apply to LBs during a pass.

Beyond the linebackers, the deep middle is rarely open. I have never, not an exaggeration, NEVER completed a post pass in this game. In the real world, the deep middle is one of the deadliest parts of the field for a passing game. A lot of teams teach the QB to start his progression in the "Tube" or the deep middle.

As one college QB coach once said... "Is the tube open?".... In NCAA 11, the answer is always "No."
Agree with the linebacker part on passes. Primarily their ability to change direction and get into the air. The interception part can be remedied with sliders.

I disagree about the deep middle. It's open. It's so open there's some plays I won't call on AA because they're essentially money plays. Getting fed up with the way Heisman cheats so, I'll figure out a way to make it tougher on AA.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Definitely need to do something about the punt/kick return game, for both HUM and CPU.
It doesn't need to be insanely easy, but I need to know that it's possible to return a punt more than 15 yards or a kick beyond my own 30 yard line.
Football is a game of field position...and the return game is a pretty big part of that.
Returned several kickoffs for TD's. Heisman difficulty. Not a problem.

Punts on the other hand. The punt team is twice as fast as your returner. Do a punt block return and notice the defenders are 30 to 40 yards away from you when you field the punt and by the time you run 10 yards they're right on you. They get a definite speed burst.

I have gotten decent returns on middle punt returns. If the gunners get blocked you can get a good return up the middle before the second wave of defenders arrive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 08:27 AM   #46
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Don't know if this would be a tuner or slider issue, but what happened to "line of sight" being in the game? Thought last year on NCAA and Madden, players would only break on the ball if they "saw" it. Not the case this year.

Perhaps this would help with the DB's mirroring routes and jumping all of them.

Tuning: CPU decision making in option (awareness or RB ability?)

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:42 AM   #47
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Linebackers have magnetic hands and the ball is made of metal when it's thrown over their heads.

You will RARELY see a LB pick off a pass because they are moving laterally and can't gather their hips to explode into the air for an interception. In NCAA 11, however; LBs can rocket to the ball regardless of locomotion. It's like locomotion doesn't apply to LBs during a pass.

Beyond the linebackers, the deep middle is rarely open. I have never, not an exaggeration, NEVER completed a post pass in this game. In the real world, the deep middle is one of the deadliest parts of the field for a passing game. A lot of teams teach the QB to start his progression in the "Tube" or the deep middle.

As one college QB coach once said... "Is the tube open?".... In NCAA 11, the answer is always "No."
I've completed deep posts but never to the WRs, always the TE. I believe it's an issue of the safeties still being able to cover too much ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Don't know if this would be a tuner or slider issue, but what happened to "line of sight" being in the game? Thought last year on NCAA and Madden, players would only break on the ball if they "saw" it. Not the case this year.

Yeah I don't really see true head-tracking. I wish there was some programming logic in there that dictated, if you're head's not turned to the ball, you will be not be able to catch it or make a play on it. I'd like to see more passes hit the backs/arms of DBs rather than them morphing around and catching it. I feel like because some of the locomotion/morphing is screwy the game compensates for it by making your player drop INTs. Your players are still in far too good of a position to make INTs (mainly DBs) which results in the high # of pick 6s we have always seen in NCAA.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:20 AM   #48
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts

Procedural awareness. Yup this has been kind of absent from the games. I only really ever see it in over the shoulder catch attempts. Other than that players seem to be looking straight ahead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »