Home

Am I CRAZY!?..or is PRACTICE MODE alot smoother and more fluid?

This is a discussion on Am I CRAZY!?..or is PRACTICE MODE alot smoother and more fluid? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Am I CRAZY!?..or is PRACTICE MODE alot smoother and more fluid?

Folks....I didnt realize how much smoother and more organic the gameplay felt until I went into a practice mode with my team's OFFENSE and DEFENSE. The gameplay just felt so much more responsive and fluid. You can feel all the little slight adjustments and movements of the players and you appreciate all the little subtle interactions with each of the players

Or maybe I am just crazy?....Can some of you try this and tell me if I've gone bonkers or not please.

If not, then this may demonstrate that there is just too much non gameplay overhead elements that intrude on that enjoyable 'practice mode' experience when playing regular games with all the crowd, visual extras, announcers, etc.

The gameplay in practice mode...felt so....responsive, for lack of a better word.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Am I CRAZY!?..or is PRACTICE MODE alot smoother and more fluid?

I'd say they're pretty close, but it makes sense: like you said, stadiums, refs, crowd, etc., presumably all have an effect on performance.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
Folks....I didnt realize how much smoother and more organic the gameplay felt until I went into a practice mode with my team's OFFENSE and DEFENSE. The gameplay just felt so much more responsive and fluid. You can feel all the little slight adjustments and movements of the players and you appreciate all the little subtle interactions with each of the players

Or maybe I am just crazy?....Can some of you try this and tell me if I've gone bonkers or not please.

If not, then this may demonstrate that there is just too much non gameplay overhead elements that intrude on that enjoyable 'practice mode' experience when playing regular games with all the crowd, visual extras, announcers, etc.

The gameplay in practice mode...felt so....responsive, for lack of a better word.
I agree. But I still miss the random play option for both the offense and the defense.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #4
Rookie

SecretAgentManCU's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
I agree. But I still miss the random play option for both the offense and the defense.
It's there but you can only call random plays out of a formation. It's the select button on the PS3, unsure what it is on the 360..

I somewhat agree about the practice mode, even though I haven't really been practicing that long to tell the difference.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #5
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentManCU
It's there but you can only call random plays out of a formation. It's the select button on the PS3, unsure what it is on the 360..

I somewhat agree about the practice mode, even though I haven't really been practicing that long to tell the difference.
Really? Is that for offense AND defense? If so, that'd be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I agee! no framerate or slow down happens in practice mode...it so smooth
Old 07-21-2010, 06:43 PM   #7
Rookie

sl0ppywffls's Arena

OVR: 0

DUDE YOU'RE NOT CRAZY!! I played practice for like 30 minutes when i first hopped into the game and I was blown away and like practically jumping around cuz it was so cool and stuff but when I played an actual game I didn't seem as... like connected I guess with the action..
Old 07-21-2010, 07:08 PM   #8
Rookie

SecretAgentManCU's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
Really? Is that for offense AND defense? If so, that'd be awesome.
Yep, it's for offense and defense

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »