Home

Patch imminent..?

This is a discussion on Patch imminent..? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 07:29 AM   #33
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Patch imminent..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
Does this mean I have to restart my dynasty for these changes to take effect?

First there is no official confirmation of this. The Dev team has been uncomfortably silent since release. Second when they've done patches of this sort in the recent past no restart was required.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:47 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out
I do too. Did EA say this? NO. Some dude on the ea forum posted that he talked to a customer rep who said it was coming. I' dlove for it to happen but its just a guy wanting to get some online ego stroked
Let me be the voice of... whatever the opposite of cynicism is (faith, I guess).

1. Multiple people were told by support prior to this that development was aware of the problem (the progression/low ratings thing) and working on a fix. I was one of them. Now I don't necessarily trust the word of a random support drone when they have a high incentive to get you off their back, but the cumulative weight of these things suggest there was something real behind it.

2. Not all companies are exemplary or consistent in their communication to customers. Bungie is really good at this stuff, EA not so much. If you look at their official forum you can see at different times that EA employees are online, but none of them have replied to threads since launch - so they see what we're discussing, they're just not saying anything. And the company I work for has this kind of problem as well. Usually customers find out about bugs and prospective patches by calling in, not via statements from development or the company; those are slow in coming, sometimes not until the patch is actually available.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:49 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 7

You guys realize that even if they finalise it today that doesnīt mean itīll be released today ? Sony and MS like allways will take at least another 1 1/2- 2 weeks they release them on their servers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

I just finished year one on my dynasty. I may wait a day or two and see if a patch is coming before I generate recruits for year 2.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #37
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I'd be weary of thinking a patch is imminent. For one, we have no confirmation from anyone at EA. In the past, Adam or soemone else with an EA screen name has been pretty vocal in letting us know when a patch is in the works, a rough (and I emphasize rough) ETA, and the official patch announcement when it's out. As of now, we haven't heard anything from EA on a patch. There may be one, there may not.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 0

FWIW I havent seen anything on this forum for the EA people. So maybe them not saying anything isnt a good indicator.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #39
Rookie

Kase's Arena

OVR: 3

I just went to support.ea.com and brought up the question in a chat. Here is my response:

Paolo: Hi, my name is Paolo. How may I help you?
: I currently own NCAA Football 11 and have read about and discovered some Dynasty progression issues that occur the longer you get into your dynasty. I was wondering if there is any sort of patch to come out for NCAA Football 11?
Paolo: I apologize for inconvenience caused with the game.
Paolo: Our engineers are aware of this issue
Paolo: I hope they are preparing for new patch to releasee.
Paolo: At the moment, we have not heard about patch release date however, I hope it should be release and fix soon.
: Ok thanks. I'm sure you are flooded with questions on this.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #40
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

I am starting year 3 of my dynasty tommorrow (no simmed games, all played by me) so I have two classes of recruits finalized. I may not like the starting over alls and skill sets of all my players but I really do hope they are fixed through the patch and I don't have to start over for it to apply. That would really suck. I don't know if I could get all excited about a new dynasty after getting so attached to this one over the course of the last two weeks. It's been a blast. Having to do it over would just take away from everything I've done up til' now. If I do start over after the patch it will probably be with a one star school... though again, I hope I don't have to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »