Home

Recruiting takes a step back

This is a discussion on Recruiting takes a step back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #25

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Recruiting takes a step back

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom41
I think recruiting is much better this year from years past.

I will agree that knowing recruits attributes from the start is unrealistic. I would like to see maybe two camps during the offseason. They would be after signing day, and for kids you'll be recruiting during the next season.

One camp would be held by your school. You would be able to select the kids that attend, but of course the level of players attending your camp would correspond to your teams prestige. You would then select the certain tests and discussion topics, that would reveal certain attributes about the players who attend the camp.

The second camp would be a "third Party" camp that you visit to unlock player attributes. There would be different camps to choose from. Some for just Offence, some just D, some for just 4&5 star recruits (which you would have to be a high prestige school to attend), some for all level recruits, etc... But you have no input in who attends, so some of the players who's attributes are unlocked would still not be interested in your school.
What do you guys mean by knowing a recruits attributes? Are you talking about the letter grades they give us?

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 12:34 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
What do you guys mean by knowing a recruits attributes? Are you talking about the letter grades they give us?
Yes, the letter grades for speed, strength, agility, etc...
Old 07-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #27
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I love recruiting this year and think it's vastly improved. I played '10 for an entire year and I loved the recruiting there (as long as I used my house rules to not make it too easy) and this year's recruiting is much more fun to me.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #28
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycbs
Put me in the 'Love recruiting this year' category. I think it's miles ahead of last year. I'm a numbers guy and I love to see exactly how stuff works, so this system is right up my alley. I know it may not be the absolute most realistic, and usually I'm all about as much realism in games as possible, but in this case, for me, the fun factor outweighs the lack of realism.

The main things they need to do at this point with recruiting are:

1. Make the CPU teams recruit more realistically and stop signing way more players than they need at certain positions while ignoring positions they have big needs in.

2. The CPU teams need to recruit players that match their playing styles (ie. 'Scrambling' QB for an option attack offense, rather than a big, slow 'Pocket Passer').

3. Make it so that when a school signs a recruit at a certain position, if they still continue to try to sign more recruits at the same position, they take an interest hit for those recruits. It shouldn't be impossible to get an extra player or two at the same position, but rarely if ever would you see a third or fourth QB recruit sign with a school that already signed two, for example.

4. Make incoming 2 & 3-star players rated a little higher (see the hundreds of threads on this topic).

The on field gameplay is the best it's ever been on next gen. Even though it still needs some work, it's very, very solid. Fixing this stuff in recruiting would jack this game into the 9+ rating range for me. As it is now, it's in the 7.5-8.0 range.
This sums it up quite nicely. We probably won't get number 2 this year, but hopefully all the others will be addressed in the next patch.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »