Home

recruiting "points"

This is a discussion on recruiting "points" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
recruiting "points"

Has anyone figured out how many points on average you need to get with each recruit to maintain their interest with the computer teams recruiting them?

I'm curious as to some kind of breakdown of how many points the computer is generating with these recruits when they are #1, #2, or #3 interest on their list. I'm wondering if I can maintain with any recruit if I can average over 100 points a week with them, or if the computer is recruiting hard, do I need to try and get 150+, or even 200+ to maintain?

I think it would be good to know how hard I need to recruit these players to have a chance of getting them and the only way I can think of is somehow knowing how many points the computer is getting with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: recruiting "points"

This depends on tons of factors (difficulty level, prestige of recruit, your prestige, CPU's prestige, your pitches, their pitches, what pitches the recruit likes, how much time the CPU is putting, etc). And just using the numbers you listed, as Michigan I've dumped over 500 points into recruits per week and still lost ground to the CPU team recruiting him.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #3
Pro

Holy **** 500? I wasn't thinking that high that's crazy..

What about "quick call" vs actually calling? I wonder if you can get more points by trying to actually call the person and taking your chance that you can hardpitch enough category's that you randomly get selected that can help you.

"quick call" seems to be very hit or miss, as I have picked up huge recruiting points or almost none whatsoever.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

to make you worry even more, the guys that committed upon receiving a schollie went immediately up to 5000.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

If you are good at the recruiting, you can get more points NOT quick-calling. Also, I'm pretty sure you don't get an instant committ during a quick-call.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull n Pray
If you are good at the recruiting, you can get more points NOT quick-calling. Also, I'm pretty sure you don't get an instant committ during a quick-call.

I have got an instant commit during quick call on a player that i have already offered a scholly too.

But I do think you are right about getting more points by calling instead of quick calling, as long as you play your cards right in the conversation and are good at recruiting like you said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »