Home

Can I get your opinion on INTS

This is a discussion on Can I get your opinion on INTS within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Can I get your opinion on INTS

I posted this last night in the slider forum last night, but fear it won't get the views to get a solid response.

Here's my question (please post answers here if this doesn't get locked)

AA
8 Min
CPU INT slider at 40

I'm getting burned for about 4 INTS a game.

Think I should lower the CPU INT slider again, or lower the CPU Pass AWR?

Obviously i'm not making good passing decesions. What do you think you'd do?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...oked-ints.html

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Can I get your opinion on INTS

They really make you pay this year for throwing a bad pass into coverage. I would personally work on shorter quicker routes, screen plays and such. The CPU might be picking up on your tendencies to certain routes.

People continue to call it psychic play calling, but its also known as picking up on a tendency. You really have to vary your play calling this year.

Hope this helps! I still throw 1-2 Ints a game, I play on AA default sliders
Old 08-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Well, if you have the AI Pass Coverage at 50, then you'll need to lower it. I use mine at 40 because that stops the DBs from mirroring the WRs route.

Also, I play with INTs at 15. If you throw it directly to a DB, its still a pick, but there is a lot less D Line picks and LBs tipping the balls to themselves for picks.

I'll still have games where a good secondary like Miami or VT will pick me off 3-4 times a game, but then I can tear up the secondary of Duke easily.

― Plato
Old 08-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
They really make you pay this year for throwing a bad pass into coverage. I would personally work on shorter quicker routes, screen plays and such. The CPU might be picking up on your tendencies to certain routes.

People continue to call it psychic play calling, but its also known as picking up on a tendency. You really have to vary your play calling this year.

Hope this helps! I still throw 1-2 Ints a game, I play on AA default sliders
i was actually kind of wondering about that myself. i do throw a bunch of similar routes.

Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #5
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Well, if you have the AI Pass Coverage at 50, then you'll need to lower it. I use mine at 40 because that stops the DBs from mirroring the WRs route.

Also, I play with INTs at 15. If you throw it directly to a DB, its still a pick, but there is a lot less D Line picks and LBs tipping the balls to themselves for picks.

I'll still have games where a good secondary like Miami or VT will pick me off 3-4 times a game, but then I can tear up the secondary of Duke easily.
thanks for posting.

Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I find at 40 the cpu drops 75% of the interceptions that come their way. I'm not a great passer and rely on my running game. Nevertheless I played a full season on AA with cpu pass coverage at 50 and INT at 40 and Forcier threw 17 TDs and only 5 INTs. I only completed 52% of my passes but I'm boosting cpu INT to 45 for next year. I shouldn't have tied for the lead in the Big 10 with fewest INTs. I had dropped it from 50 because I had been throwing too many picks when I first got the game (including a 7 or 8 INT game - man was I terrible).

Part of me thinks I should drop cpu pass coverage a touch and even human pass coverage more (at 35 all year) but this game really plays to the ratings imo. You play a tough pass defense and it's a real struggle. Against OSU I was terrible passing. Something like 6-17 or 6-19. Then I played against Purdue and went 16-22 with 4 TDs and hit a bunch of deep balls. Same thing for the running game. Some games you roll up a lot of yards and have a few big runs. Then you play Bama and a DL is in the backfield giving you fits all game long.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #7
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Mix it up, check downs and short routes are your best friend, also finding the mismatch with a linebacker guarding a faster player.

I think interceptions are done very well this year, almost every pick i've thrown I can say to myself "Yeah I deserved that" and i've had only a few linebackers jumping out of nowhere and snagging the ball with one hand instances.

They should really add a tipped ball animation for these linebackers instead of just the warp one handed catch, something where the linebacker tips the ball up in the air and maybe juggles it around before catching it, that would make me alot happier and less ticked when a linebacker decides to go Air Jordan on me.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #8
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Icon1 Re: Can I get your opinion on INTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I find at 40 the cpu drops 75% of the interceptions that come their way. I'm not a great passer and rely on my running game. Nevertheless I played a full season on AA with cpu pass coverage at 50 and INT at 40 and Forcier threw 17 TDs and only 5 INTs. I only completed 52% of my passes but I'm boosting cpu INT to 45 for next year. I shouldn't have tied for the lead in the Big 10 with fewest INTs. I had dropped it from 50 because I had been throwing too many picks when I first got the game (including a 7 or 8 INT game - man was I terrible).

Part of me thinks I should drop cpu pass coverage a touch and even human pass coverage more (at 35 all year) but this game really plays to the ratings imo. You play a tough pass defense and it's a real struggle. Against OSU I was terrible passing. Something like 6-17 or 6-19. Then I played against Purdue and went 16-22 with 4 TDs and hit a bunch of deep balls. Same thing for the running game. Some games you roll up a lot of yards and have a few big runs. Then you play Bama and a DL is in the backfield giving you fits all game long.
My QB's stack up like this on the season. I have one regular season game left.

Zac Lee
Att: 200
Comp: 111
Int: 17
TD's: 7
Yards: 1435
Fumlbes: 9

Talyor Martinz
Att: 49
Comp: 22
Int: 4
TD's: 1
Yards: 292
Fumlbes: 4

Cody Green
Att: 13
Comp: 4
Int: 0
TD's: 0
Yards: 45
Fumlbes: 2

You could be onto something when saying the game plays to ratings this year. Perhaps my WR corp is just weak.

Here are my main 4 WR overalls:
Kinnie, Brandon 83
Paul, Niles 87
Gilleylen, Curenski 80
McNeill, Mike 82

Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »