Home

How many is still playing/enjoying Ncaa after Madden?

This is a discussion on How many is still playing/enjoying Ncaa after Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #25
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How many is still playing/enjoying Ncaa after Madden?

Iīm really liking NCAA this year.. i donīt see myself quitting any time soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Well for one the graphics are massively better in the retail vs. the demo. The demo seemed to be missing a lot of texture details and just overall didn't look nearly as good as the full retail game. The retail seems to have more animations as well (although possibly that could be perception because in the retail you can play with more teams, see more of a variety of players/teams.) The audio is not nearly as bad as the demo (which IMO plays a HUGE role in why people found it stale). Sure the commentary is still not up to snuff in the retail version but the crowd noise, songs played, atmosphere, etc is much, much better. Also, the controls seem improved and overall much more responsive. I think specially the strategy pad, it seems much more responsive.

One of the huge things too is in the retail version you don't have that simply TERRIBLE camera pull back on pass plays which goes really far back and is very jarring. The camera angle in the retail version is a much better, more sedate and more NCAA-like camera angle.

Those are the ones off the top of my head. I also hated the demo but I love the retail game. I was genuinely surprised that the finished game seemed so much better than the demo. Honestly, EA should make a new demo or simply delete the current one, I'm sure I'm not the only one who was considering passing on the game due to the lackluster demo.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #27
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm with ODogg on this one. The on the field play is so good on both for the first time in a long time, and i'm not as picky when it comes to these things. In fact i can overlook Madden's franchise not being really updated this year, and that was a big thing for me. Both games are just FUN to play and that's what i want.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks you two. I'm definitely buying Madden, but I still think I'm waiting for the strategy pad patch. This old dog doesn't have time to learn new tricks, especially when the old ones are going to be available soon anyway.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Yeah I will admit, the strategy pad isn't as bad as I first thought it was from the demo, not having the lag helps..BUT I still want the old way because now it's a bit confusing going from NCAA to Madden and back due to the different control schemes.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #30
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Still enjoying NCAA, I might buy madden this year, but I only played NCAA10 for a few weeks last year when I got madden10 and the game didn't leave my system for some time!

I'm just not as excited about this years madden. I'm sure the gameplay is great but with NCAAs improvements I just don't have the time this year to play both, so I'm sticking with NCAA.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 18

The hardest thing for me has been choosing which football game to play; haven't been that way for me in a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #32
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
My personal opinion is that you aren't missing anything by not buying Madden 11, especially if you have Madden 10. There is no velocity whatsoever to the game. Even when the gamespeed is bumped up to normal, the players still feel like they are going half-speed. Last year's Madden "slow" speed felt just right. Here, it is way off.

The blocking improvements are there just like in NCAA, but the defense is horrid. Too many broken tackles and the coverage leaves a lot to be desired, which may be a plus on offense as I haven't seen the CBs do the mirror route running thing yet. But overall I'd say that there is not one thing that Madden does better than NCAA this year as far as gameplay.

The Madden playbooks on offense have been pared down, the lighting is good but I perfer NCAA's as there is a little more grit to it, whereas Madden has a bit too much gloss, giving it almost a cartoon feel. Maybe Gus Johnson over Nessler, but that is quickly negated when Collinsworth comes in with last year's lines and you hear him say, "Tom, I'll tell ya'..."

Madden will definitely benefit from a few patches, but as of now I wouldn't be running out to buy it unless you just need an NFL fix.
I figured this from day one, also after playing the demo. It really cleared it up. After reading your reply this only adds gas to the fire. +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Iīm really liking NCAA this year.. i donīt see myself quitting any time soon
Same here dude. This is coming from a guy who been playing madden since SNES.

Last edited by johntom2000; 08-11-2010 at 02:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »