Home

For the love of God fix the CPU's depth chart

This is a discussion on For the love of God fix the CPU's depth chart within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: For the love of God fix the CPU's depth chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by morieeel
I may need to have someone else try this, but I went ahead and set up game on my other profile using just the EA defaultrosters. Not seeing the wackiness, I saw previously on my current roster. Wonder if all the new patches/tuners effected the old rosters/ or EA modified the current roster in last update.
Granted they are fictious players but going thru depth charts it looks a lot more tidy than what I had previous.
I'll try it, may I ask how many years you are in on your dynasty?
Old 08-17-2010, 01:21 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmitty34
I'll try it, may I ask how many years you are in on your dynasty?
Just in first year of dynasty. simmed 2 years with new Roster didnt see anything that stood out as bad. Hadn't had time to check all teams, but with my old roster I was finding crap about every 4th team I looked at even in the first year. Not really sweating the out of postion players that are rated higher just dont want to find a reciever overall @ 40 starting at QB.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by morieeel
I may need to have someone else try this, but I went ahead and set up game on my other profile using just the EA defaultrosters. Not seeing the wackiness, I saw previously on my current roster. Wonder if all the new patches/tuners effected the old rosters/ or EA modified the current roster in last update.
Granted they are fictious players but going thru depth charts it looks a lot more tidy than what I had previous.
I can't remember, but I think the tuner files fixed the default depth chart for the first year. But, I know after testing that if you don't set it in coming years...they will be messed up again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 8

We are on to something. I think I know the problem. Will test and post around 9PM MST.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrice4949
We are on to something. I think I know the problem. Will test and post around 9PM MST.
Well I certainly hope its not something where you're going to come back and say we need to drop the tuner files/patches because thats something that I'm not trying to do.

Devs haven't stopped by yet with any updates, hope this makes it into the last patch/tuner file.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:19 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just thought I'd put this out there- I dont see any major problems in the depth charts in my offline dynasty right now. In year 6 with UNC and no real problems with players out of position (couple of WRs playing back-up QB, but they are better than the 3rd string QB so its not a big problem, also saw a FB as a back-up on the O-line, but he was also pretty good and 260 lbs).

I did start my dynasty after the tuner updates and 2nd patch and I'm using named rosters with no edits.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb27
Just thought I'd put this out there- I dont see any major problems in the depth charts in my offline dynasty right now. In year 6 with UNC and no real problems with players out of position (couple of WRs playing back-up QB, but they are better than the 3rd string QB so its not a big problem, also saw a FB as a back-up on the O-line, but he was also pretty good and 260 lbs).

I did start my dynasty after the tuner updates and 2nd patch and I'm using named rosters with no edits.
Take a look at Arkansas State and teams like that, you know smaller schools..

DT at C,G
RT at FB
QB's at WR3 & WR5
SS at DT,DE (My personal Favorite)
FS at OLB,ILB
OLB at RB
and so on...

The only way we have figured out how to correct it, is with Purplepower_NC's Method.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb27

The problem is not with your team...you can control who starts, but the CPU teams you are playing. Most likely you have played a CPU team and not realize that they have a LE playing as a WR or a RB playing OL

I have seen so many threads with different issues, ie..zone coverage is broke, running game is broke. Could it be they or the CPU have players pluged in just because the overall rating says they are a better player...but not a better skills. For example, you got that WR playing QB...how about the arm strength. You got a RB playing OL...take a look at the run blk rating or pass blk rating. That QB playing safety...look at those zone and man coverage skills. It still blows me away, how people complain about things and don't or won't accept how this problem snowballs so many different things in the game.

I guess I am just tired of this issue..and if seems I have come off rude...hope u can understand. I started my workaround to try and help out with the issue at hand, and for some I hope it has helped. Others....just play and quit complaining about problems without looking at the big picture.

Last edited by Purplepower_NC; 08-17-2010 at 09:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »