Home

Does pursuit seem overpowered to anyone else?

This is a discussion on Does pursuit seem overpowered to anyone else? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Does pursuit seem overpowered to anyone else?

I'm talking about CPU pursuit, and specifically players who are hauling butt toward or through the LOS turning on a dime and maintaining speed sideways. In these situations I feel like locomotion and acceleration are acting as limits on my halfback, but not at all on the defender coming after me. I didn't really feel this way before the patch, and I know they were tweaking things to help the CPU defend the run better (which was needed). But I hate when a guy crashes through the line two gaps to my left or right and I think "that guy's behind me, no need to worry about him" - and then he makes a crazy turn, zooms an improbable distance, and tackles me from behind while ripping at the ball to boot. I'm getting 3 or 4 plays a game like this. Realistically, if my back has any kind of speed at all and isn't doing some stutter stepping, this defender should be behind the play the entire time.

I like defenders taking better angles and not falling all over themselves like morons on defense, but this needs toning down. Generally I feel like locomotion and physics-based turning doesn't apply to the computer players on D; I'm playing NCAA 11 and they're playing Madden 98.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Does pursuit seem overpowered to anyone else?

haven't seen it...
Old 08-13-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

No, I haven't really seen this.

But since the patch, my D-line is getting manhandled every game. That's for sure.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
Rookie

tommy4uf's Arena

OVR: 1

im really tired of getting tackled by a LB thats 10 yard away from me with half the speed, yet he closes on me like im standing still and im not able to beat him to the corner. I know they did this for gameplay experience, but thats not in the real game EA. Ray lewis is not tracking down Chris Johnson when CJ has a 10 yard lead on him, im sorry that will never happen ,even if Lewis has an angle. The pursuit is a little ridiculous but i can understand wht they did it. it just needs some fine tuning
Old 08-13-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Yes. Defenders are routinely intercepting toss plays (not option plays, but standard toss plays) and blowing up most Shotgun read plays before they even get started.

You can see the defenders break all of their blocks at the same time and practically warp into the backfield. None of this was occurring before the patch.

As always with EA, the true balance lies in between what the game was like before and after they "fixed" the problem. Maybe the next LTP tunes this down a bit, but in the meantime we have to use sliders to make sure blocks are held longer and defenders are less aggressive outside of the tackles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I wonder if part of the problem is that they are tweaking things for default sliders, and many of us don't use them. I already had my run blocking for User very low (like 20, I think) so maybe the patch has transported me into a magic land where every blocker whiffs his block. I'll have to play with that. But I still feel like regardless of my difficulty level and sliders, I shouldn't see defenders routinely violating the laws of physics.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
I wonder if part of the problem is that they are tweaking things for default sliders, and many of us don't use them. I already had my run blocking for User very low (like 20, I think) so maybe the patch has transported me into a magic land where every blocker whiffs his block. I'll have to play with that. But I still feel like regardless of my difficulty level and sliders, I shouldn't see defenders routinely violating the laws of physics.

I see it all the time. Routinely i'll have a couple of steps on a LB and he'll miraculously catch me from beind. Not a BS tackle but full on grab. I have a 90 speed HB and this shouldn't happen. The funny thing is that my QB never seem sto get tackled from behind on an option. Once he breaks the LOS he seem to be gone. lol
Old 08-13-2010, 11:33 AM   #8
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

What level and what's your CPU rush defense slider at?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »