Home

Why wasn't anyone recruiting the #1 overall recruit..

This is a discussion on Why wasn't anyone recruiting the #1 overall recruit.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7
Why wasn't anyone recruiting the #1 overall recruit..

The #1 overall recruit, Samuel Pierre, Athlete from Garfield Hts, OH, had me #1 early on. After a few weeks and using my spreadsheet for tracking recruiting, I noticed that even though I spent only 10 minutes on him a few weeks, my lead kept increasing. Eventually he signed with with relative ease. I get to the offseason where I can change his position and it says that he's an 84 at...... fullback -and nothing over 79 at any other position. I guess now I know why no one else was going after him. Funny thing is that when I was looking at his ratings, I couldn't figure out for the life of me where he'd end up. Most times it's very easy to see if a guy is a DB WR or QB.

Oh well, the world needs fullbacks too I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 09:50 PM   #2
Rookie

brentech's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why wasn't anyone recruiting the #1 overall recruit..

That's funny cause with my least season I had recruited an athlete that I thought for sure was a fullback. He had B range break tackle and pass/run blocking, but then also had some throw power.

Turned out he was a QB. I was really bummed because I needed a young FB to groom.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

There are two athletes in the top five of my current recruiting class, I think both of them will be fullbacks. They look like they are ok at every position, but are lacking a certain skill to make them great at it. They have good coverage, but bad speed. They have good block shedding, but bad tackling. I thought EA said they don't make 5 star fullbacks anymore....
Old 08-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
Rookie

brentech's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinnMahoney
There are two athletes in the top five of my current recruiting class, I think both of them will be fullbacks. They look like they are ok at every position, but are lacking a certain skill to make them great at it. They have good coverage, but bad speed. They have good block shedding, but bad tackling. I thought EA said they don't make 5 star fullbacks anymore....
I think they just said they were drastically lowering the chance that a FB would be a top 150 recruit.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

I love talented young FBs. The game seems to hate the position, most teams get 1 and half the time they're a senior. I hate recruiting them...as well as kickers and punters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
The #1 overall recruit, Samuel Pierre, Athlete from Garfield Hts, OH, had me #1 early on. After a few weeks and using my spreadsheet for tracking recruiting, I noticed that even though I spent only 10 minutes on him a few weeks, my lead kept increasing. Eventually he signed with with relative ease. I get to the offseason where I can change his position and it says that he's an 84 at...... fullback -and nothing over 79 at any other position. I guess now I know why no one else was going after him. Funny thing is that when I was looking at his ratings, I couldn't figure out for the life of me where he'd end up. Most times it's very easy to see if a guy is a DB WR or QB.

Oh well, the world needs fullbacks too I guess.
You think thats bad. I had Rutgers and recruited the #1 WR in the country in my 1st year, he was from NJ and I had to battle to get on his list even promising him early playing time.

He came in at 74.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:57 PM   #7
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
I love talented young FBs. The game seems to hate the position, most teams get 1 and half the time they're a senior. I hate recruiting them...as well as kickers and punters.
I hear you on FB's man I had to sign 2 TE's and convert them to FB and then had to move another player over from TE to FB to start for a year.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #8
Rookie

I just found out that the 1-star fullback i signed (with a 2-star team) is a 73 ovr! I was surprised to say the least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »