Home

Conference Prestige Question?

This is a discussion on Conference Prestige Question? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
Rookie

gobillz08's Arena

OVR: 1
Conference Prestige Question?

So in recruiting against Notre Dame, ive seen that their Conference prestige is A+, so i decide i wanna do a dynasty with North Texas and rebuild them. I make NT an independant, thinking that the conference prestige will go up drastically, but instead it goes to a D, how does this make sense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Conference Prestige Question?

What team did you replace in the Independants? I bet you inherited whatever their prestige was. If you swap your team with Notre Dame, you'd probably have A+.

I wanted to create a Big Ten with divisions so I essentially swapped the Big Ten and MAC teams, then added Nebraska and even Notre Dame to the MAC (which was now all Big Ten teams). You think such a loaded conference would have a high prestige? Nope. It was still D+ just because it was the MAC.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotFudgeDragon
What team did you replace in the Independants? I bet you inherited whatever their prestige was. If you swap your team with Notre Dame, you'd probably have A+.

I wanted to create a Big Ten with divisions so I essentially swapped the Big Ten and MAC teams, then added Nebraska and even Notre Dame to the MAC (which was now all Big Ten teams). You think such a loaded conference would have a high prestige? Nope. It was still D+ just because it was the MAC.
I did the same thing, but I swapped the Big10 and the Big12. They swapped their A and B+ conference prestiges.

As for your swapping, you'll have to remember that your "big 10" conference won't have an automatic BCS bid since you stuck them in the MAC (while your MAC teams will get an auto BCS bid).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-03-2010, 03:47 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Can confrense prestiege go up at all?
Old 09-03-2010, 06:24 AM   #5
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

One thing I notice is, I put all the big 10 into the big 12 and added my created Neb team and ND. Well ND conference prestige is still an A+ while rest of big 10 teams plus me are b+ and i'm in my 4th season. It hasn't changed since I did it so I'm thinking it doesn't change?

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
Can confrense prestiege go up at all?
I don't think it can. It my dynasty the Big Ten ended up being loaded. Two years in a row they had both teams in the title game, three straight national titles ( 3 different teams: OSU, PSU, MSU). One year, 6 of the top 9 teams preseason were from the Big Ten. Prestige never did go up. But then, it was an A to start with so not much room for growth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »