Home

Recruiting Gems(Best Low star recruits)

This is a discussion on Recruiting Gems(Best Low star recruits) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2010, 12:53 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting Gems(Best Low star recruits)

Damn he makes LT look silly! How did you find him?
Old 09-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #10
Rookie

infablak's Arena

OVR: 10

I know right? lol.. But I just decided to sort by 40 times, and I saw this 1* kid with B+ spd B+Acc and I was like Woah, he can be something special. Like I said I didn't notice him till Week 2 in the offseason. So I don't know whether he was a Preseason recruit, or just showed up during the offseason when they import more players. Be he was a straight beast, no denying that. It wasn't always the sacks that helped the team, it was him putting pressure on the QB 100% of the time on EVERY snap. He forced ALOT of bad throws.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #11
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infablak
I know right? lol.. But I just decided to sort by 40 times, and I saw this 1* kid with B+ spd B+Acc and I was like Woah, he can be something special. Like I said I didn't notice him till Week 2 in the offseason. So I don't know whether he was a Preseason recruit, or just showed up during the offseason when they import more players. Be he was a straight beast, no denying that. It wasn't always the sacks that helped the team, it was him putting pressure on the QB 100% of the time on EVERY snap. He forced ALOT of bad throws.
Yeah man it looks like if you had decent cover corners and good safeties, nobody should score on you, his stats were sick. I recently recruited two 2 star recruits with 88 and 89 speed with 87 accel, and a three star OLB with 89 spd and 87 spd. I was wondering how you utilized ford. Did you bring him off the edge blitzing, or start him on the line as a DE hybrid. Jw cause I mostly create pressure with my DEs, but since I got this speed demon at OLB I want to use him more effectively in the pass rush. Any tips? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 20

Recruited a 1-star (JUCO Sophmore) punter. He had A- agility, A- acceleration, and A speed. I started him at punter the first year (he was like a 54ovr?).

Then the next year I converted him to WR (66ovr) and he is being redshirted. Im hoping he turns into my big play receiver.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Does redshirting really help a player learn a new position? I converted an ATH (6'6 225) to TE and he was terrible (much better at WR) but I redshirted him. Not sure how he will turn out. At TE he has 40AWR but still has good SPD and CIT.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
Does redshirting really help a player learn a new position? I converted an ATH (6'6 225) to TE and he was terrible (much better at WR) but I redshirted him. Not sure how he will turn out. At TE he has 40AWR but still has good SPD and CIT.

Yes it does. The new position becomes their primary one for progressing in attributes related to their new position.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #15
Rookie

infablak's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by willIam9387
Yeah man it looks like if you had decent cover corners and good safeties, nobody should score on you, his stats were sick. I recently recruited two 2 star recruits with 88 and 89 speed with 87 accel, and a three star OLB with 89 spd and 87 spd. I was wondering how you utilized ford. Did you bring him off the edge blitzing, or start him on the line as a DE hybrid. Jw cause I mostly create pressure with my DEs, but since I got this speed demon at OLB I want to use him more effectively in the pass rush. Any tips? Thanks.
Man sounds like you made out pretty well. Getting guys like this on defense is great. #1 You don't have to worry about their awareness because it's going to be you controlling them. #2 They don't carry as much responsibility as say your safeties or corners would. #3 You don't have to worry about them leaving early. Not to sure about your playing style or your needs, but if you are trying to win games and could careless about playing with them in Madden, then I would put your 3* at DE and leave the other two as is. Atleast with the 3* his ovr will go up by atleast 1-3 pts by you moving him into a new position. But it also depends on everyones' strength and size.

My safeties were HORRIBLE. However my corners were average, with one CB standout, 5* 79ovr 92 spd 92 acc, Now a junior 87ovr with 97spd 97acc. He's a complete shutdown corner, but anyways to answer your questions. I utilized him on blitz off the edge on 4wr or 5WR. MY favorite play being "Slant 1 OLB Fire" and I would swtich it so he would be the one blitzing, leaving my ROLB to be in man and my RE to be in contain. In 2WR or 3wr sets I would use "Free Fire and Cover 2 Edge". Of course I would switch up the plays here and there, but I usually stuck with the "S1OF" and depending on the formation the offense was in. If the RB is to either side of the QB i'm coming off the edge. If he's lined up directly behind the QB I'm going throught A gap (Between center & Guard)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Don't know if this really pertains to this thread or not but here is my favorite recruit so far.

I was in need of a qb, not to play immediately but for a couple years down the road. With no interest from any of the top guys I decided to go after a low rated 4 star recruit (along with some high 3 stars). The 4 star was not the typical guy I go after because he looked to be a much better runner than thrower.

I ended up signing the low 4 star. He came in as a 71 overall. Not great, but not bad either. His throwing skills were not that great but he had tremendous running attributes and decent size 6-0, 205. So i check to decide what a position change would make him. Boom 80 overall at HB!! Better than any other HB in the class and equally tearing it up on the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »