Home

Playbooks that make the CPU bad?

This is a discussion on Playbooks that make the CPU bad? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Playbooks that make the CPU bad?

It seems to me like some playbooks are naturally just bad for the CPU and lead to pathetic offence. Some that come to mind are Miss. state's aweful spread that has their QB being sacked on zone reads for huge losses, and generally speaking any kind of scheme that revolves around options. What are some bad CPU playbooks, and, conversely, ones that are good for the CPU we can change them to?

Miss State- Spread based on a lot of zone reads, doesn't work well for the defence.
Florida- I actually find that playing against their offence is very difficult

Add some opinion!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Playbooks that make the CPU bad?

Army, Navy, Georgia Tech, Oregon
Old 09-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

I second GA Tech. I play as Clemson, being a student and lifelong fan. And it's disappointing in my dynasty to know that the GA Tech game is an automatic win for me.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #4
Banned

we really should rate these playbooks by conference.

what are some hard playbooks? I find Florida to be a handful but that could just be from the team itself. oh and georgia always seems to have a good game in them too
Old 09-14-2010, 06:36 AM   #5
Banned

Florida has a really good effective playbook for its roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #6
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Basically, playbooks that work well:

Singleback, Pro, Air Raid, Pistol

Playbooks that don't work well:

Anything spread with a lot of options or few 4/5 wide sets

Florida is an exception because all their players' ratings are ridiculously high. I've found that the Pistol in particular is hard to defend. You just never know if it's going to be run, pass, or read option. If you guess run and they run, the back gets the ball quickly with a nice head start as if you were under center (none of the stupid shotgun handoff slowness). If you guess pass and they pass, they're in an immediate shotgun position, making pressure even more difficult. Basically, exactly how it's supposed to work in real life.

Oddly enough, I'd say it's pretty much the exact opposite for human players. Spreads are ridiculously easy to use to make any team good and put up huge numbers, while the singleback and pro-style offenses are quite difficult unless you have amazing players or are playing weak competition. Pistol is a little tricky too, but I think it's fun. The only thing that's the same is an option offense... it usually sucks for both sides because the game's zone blocking is fake and the defense (human or CPU) is blitzing most of the time no matter what, and there will almost always be one or two left unblocked.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out
It seems to me like some playbooks are naturally just bad for the CPU and lead to pathetic offence. Some that come to mind are Miss. state's aweful spread that has their QB being sacked on zone reads for huge losses, and generally speaking any kind of scheme that revolves around options. What are some bad CPU playbooks, and, conversely, ones that are good for the CPU we can change them to?

Miss State- Spread based on a lot of zone reads, doesn't work well for the defence.
Florida- I actually find that playing against their offence is very difficult

Add some opinion!
MSU's and UF's playbooks are very similar. If you find one garbage (MSU) and the other very good (UF), then I'd say it's the personnel difference, not the playbook difference.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
MSU's and UF's playbooks are very similar. If you find one garbage (MSU) and the other very good (UF), then I'd say it's the personnel difference, not the playbook difference.
Exactly. Most people agree that Mississippi State's playbook is one of the better run spread playbooks in the game, and it is very similar to Florida's. They share a lot of formations, probably due to the fact that Mississippi State's coach used to be Florida's offensive coordinator. The only differences are the abilities of the players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »