Home

Throwing to Outside Receivers...

This is a discussion on Throwing to Outside Receivers... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #17
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Throwing to Outside Receivers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus
And the fact, of course, you can't see them since when they run outs, they're off the screen. So when you throw, you hope for the best, at least that's how it is on my TV.
I'm playing on 360, using 1680x1050 resolution. I don't have any problems seeing my outside WRs once I snap the ball.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-11-2010, 11:53 AM   #18
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
with user catching, I can throw 100%. not very realistic. thats is why I no longer user catch. but I'm not an online player, so I don't have the "win at all cost" mentality. also, with letting the CPU catch, it allows the ratings to matter more.
Ditto for me. I only play offline and I stopped user catching on both offense and defense a long time ago.

I have to admit that it's really tough to lob the ball deep, see that it's overthrown and watch as the receiver tries to catch up to it, knowing that I would make the catch if I took over. It's also tough to see a lazy pass by the CPU that I know I could easily user pick and watch my defender just hoping he can make the play. It makes the game less easy though, so it's definitely worth it.

On topic, I have no problems completing passes to my #1 guy and he's usually my leading receiver (mainly because I make a conscious effort to not go for the easy slot guys all the time) but my #2 receiver is usually the forgotten guy in my offense. In terms of receptions, my guys usually go like this:
#1 WR
#3 WR
TE
#2 WR
#4 WR
#5 WR

My #1 guy catches a lot of streaks, slants, outs, ins, screens, mid screens, and posts. About the only routes I don't hit him on are drags, mainly because my pbs don't have many drags by the outside guys.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #19
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
So basically, you guys let the computer catch for you, instead of usering? lol
Yep. Any monkey can user catch all day long. Try actually finding open receivers and letting their ratings matter. "lol".
Old 10-11-2010, 02:40 PM   #20
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
Yep. Any monkey can user catch all day long. Try actually finding open receivers and letting their ratings matter. "lol".
If they aren't open the CPU defender will likely make a play on it anyway. You act like user catching the ball or making an adjustment as the user with a WR is cheating somehow.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #21
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkysmooth
If they aren't open the CPU defender will likely make a play on it anyway. You act like user catching the ball or making an adjustment as the user with a WR is cheating somehow.
it almost is. the catch rating become useless when user catching. I recruited a WR that had 99 speed, 86 Acc, but like 50 catch. user catching with him, he catches everything. if I let the CPU catch it, he'll drop the ball a few times like he should.

I can see for online players that they'll need to user catch, but for me, as mostly dynasty mode player(I never play ranked online games, and only play online dynasty for online), I get more realistic results without user catching.

same for on defense. a lot of the time you can switch to the DB and get an Int easily. while if it's the CPU defending, it'll most likely be swatted down. If I'm already controlling the player that is covering a player, I'll attempt to user catch it(though, I normally play with a DE/DT), I just don't do the switch to the defender near WR to get an easy Int when the ball is in the air.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

Last edited by Solidice; 10-11-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #22
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkysmooth
It isn't cheating. For most people, it's just too easy. A lot of us want to get a challenge from the game and user catching is one way to greatly lessen the challenge (like calling 4 verts and hitting your slot receiver all the time).
Old 10-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #23
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

That's why I put my #1 receiver as the 3rd WR. So I can throw to him in the slot. I don't even bother throwing to the outside unless it's a hitch route in the endzone...
Old 10-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #24
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amaizen Blue
That's why I put my #1 receiver as the 3rd WR. So I can throw to him in the slot. I don't even bother throwing to the outside unless it's a hitch route in the endzone...
But then you've got your best receiver going against a backer or a safety or at best the CPU's nickle back and the CPU doesn't have the ability to get their best defender on yours so you're taking advantage of the AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »