Home

my video's of block punts field goals and extra points

This is a discussion on my video's of block punts field goals and extra points within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: my video's of block punts field goals and extra points

Frustrating... I just blocked 2 punts against Wake Forest. So I was going to upload the videos so I could show you guys my success. However I waited until after the game to save the highlights, now it is saying there is no replay available for those plays. that sucks because I wanted those plays for my end of the season highlight reel as well. Oh well on the bright side I still blocked those 2 punts.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:42 PM   #18
Rookie

MichaelCook17's Arena

OVR: 2

I think punts are the easiest as when time is ticking down later into the game, the CPU usually waits until :02 on the play clock to snap, so all you need to do is time it right and you can get to the punter.

The most recent one I had was in a tied game with Boise vs VT. They were on their 10 yard line and had to punt and as I didn't want to waste my timeouts I let them have time tick down and I blocked it using a Punt Return Middle. I had a running start and got past the line to jump up and knocked the ball into the endzone for a safety. It was truly ****.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:05 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I can block punts 90% of the time, but FGs are a lot tougher. Its also not really realistic how blocks occur. I want to see bad snaps and missed blocks be the reason for blocks, not because a guy warped because of a weird animation or because I can time the snap every single time. APF had it perfect.

― Plato
Old 11-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #20
Rookie

CenTechsan's Arena

OVR: 2

I've got a question. When I set it up in practice mode, I can block punts if I time them just perfectly and have punt block on against a normal punt formation.

But any time I'm in a game and I pick the punt block play, the cpu picks a max protect punt and I can't even get close. What plays do you do for this. And have you had any success with blocking them against real opponents. In my online dynasty, if I take a guy and run back and try to get a running start with him, my opponents aren't stupid enough to let that happen. Seems real easy to just hold off a second until the guy is stopped or moving back.

And honestly, as bad as my defense is in my dynasty, if I can force a punt, that's a win. I'd love to block one, but the possibility of being offsides on a 4th and 5 would probably keep me from trying to jump the snap.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:38 AM   #21
Rookie

VUFTBL1's Arena

OVR: 5

I played a guy online that blocked 3 of my kicks... 2 extra points and a FG.. and he was using a regular defense. Whatever D he was using, he just walked the safety up to the edge and rushed when i snapped it and nobody blocked him. I asked him what defense it was but he didnt respond. I varied the times I snapped it too. Sometimes Id Snap it right away and other times I'd wait for the play clock to wind down a bit. It didnt matter. I wish I would have saved some of the videos. Anyway, that just goes to show there is a "mystery" defense out there where you can block kicks. I'll post the guy's gamertag after I go look it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »