Home

NCAA Football should use Madden's Animations and Player Models

This is a discussion on NCAA Football should use Madden's Animations and Player Models within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2010, 09:56 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 11
re: NCAA Football should use Madden's Animations and Player Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikeJR23
I think Madden's engine with college teams would probably make for the greatest football game ever. I don't understand why they even use different engines. I know Madden isn't perfect but it's leaps and bounds better than NCAA in it's graphics and animations. Not only that but we would actually get real good draft classes instead of the crap we get now. Just something I thought of while playing madden and then playing NCAA. I'm having fun with both games but I can't help but see that madden is closer to capturing football realistically.
Quote:
Post a picture of the player models that you find ridiculous. I haven't really seen it at all but I respect that. But let's not act like NCAA has great animations or graphics. I could take a still photo of any game and sell you on it. I've seen the pics in the stickied thread 'The Photographic Side of NCAA'. They look good but I've played and still play NCAA everyday. Alot of things in the game are awkward and the animations seem have a "boxed in" feel to them. It's not as smooth as Madden.

Also, the ball physics in Madden are WAY better than NCAA's. In NCAA you can throw a straight line ball down field with ZERO air on it. A bullet shouldn't be a straight line, that would get picked off every throw in real life. NCAA is a good game, I enjoy it. But it's not on the same level and it's because of it's engine. With Madden's engine they could change the lighting, the atmosphere and the game speed and make a better product than Madden. But the current engine is holding it back. I can post examples of the animations and ball physics that get on my nerves in NCAA if you want. We can pretend they are not there when we play but its there. Again I like NCAA but its not close to where it should be.
You're joking, right?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:43 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Your opinion is wrong. The gameplay and graphics are superior in NCAA 11.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:37 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

No way. I played the crap out of NCAA 10 and sold it off after I ended up borrowing madden from a friend. Madden felt so much more robotic. Ncaa's gameplay is far more fluid, the animations are better and its not nearly as twitchy. I don't know about graphics, hard to say, but your I cannot agree with your assessment of the gameplay and animations.

But the bottom line is I agree with the guy that said they both need new "engines". One of the things they need the most is more DB/WR animations and better interaction in general. The humpback animation is just terrible. Also, running the ball in Madden is not nearly as fun as it is in NCAA to me.

Last edited by Johnny "Too Tall"; 11-30-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 08:52 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

You know these football games are created from multiple engines? Also, both games use the same foundation, they're just tuned differently.

― Plato
Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #13
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

No the hell it shouldn't use Madden's engine. I pray they don't change to Maddens broken zone zig zag exploited engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Re-up...I was right from the beginning. NCAA would be better off with Madden's engine and graphics. All they would have to do is fix the lighting to make it have that college feel. Some may disagree, but I felt Madden 11 was alot better than NCAA 11 in the visuals. And now it's indisputable with Madden 12, and the great part is Madden still has room to grow as far as perfecting player models.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #15
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Re-up...I was right from the beginning. NCAA would be better off with Madden's engine and graphics. All they would have to do is fix the lighting to make it have that college feel. Some may disagree, but I felt Madden 11 was alot better than NCAA 11 in the visuals. And now it's indisputable with Madden 12, and the great part is Madden still has room to grow as far as perfecting player models.

How were you right from the beginning? NCAA11/Madden11 are nothing like NCAA12/Madden12...........You are pretty much comparing NCAA11 to Madden12(a game that you have yet to even play)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
How were you right from the beginning? NCAA11/Madden11 are nothing like NCAA12/Madden12...........You are pretty much comparing NCAA11 to Madden12(a game that you have yet to even play)
B/c Madden 11 was better than NCAA 11 visually. And the gap only widened this year (and I saw the trend). I buy both games every year, I don't dislike NCAA's graphics, it's just obvious to anybody who's objective that Madden has had better graphics. Also, NCAA's animations aren't at the same level as Madden.

I had foresight...I saw where Madden was going b/c every year they've upped there game. Whereas NCAA makes little gradual improvement but seem to be stuck in the mindset that they want there game to be totally different and not mutual. NCAA needs to be more like what College Hoops was to NBA 2K...the college version of Madden. Madden with a college feel, the presentation, lighting & atmosphere of college and college uniforms & equipment. Not a totally different game. And this applies to strictly visuals/on-field, not the modes (dynasty, RTG, etc). And maybe it'll make it easier for them to finally have Short, Med, Deep Accurarcy; the variety of equipment Madden has; the tendencies they should've added; the QB throwing motions, and I can go on and on.

They need to have everything Madden has but just put there own signatures on it. That's not the case right now, they are two totally different games. And it makes no sense business wise, case in point NCAA 12/Madden 12. If they used the same exact engines (I'm not a game designer so I maybe using the wrong terminology), there wouldn't be this overwhelming sentiment that ""NCAA is good but Madden is the better game this year". They should be at the same level. It's clear from the threads around here that there is more excitement for Madden this year.

Last edited by PikeJR23; 06-13-2011 at 10:02 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »