Home

Oh. My. God. Heisman Recruiting is HARD!

This is a discussion on Oh. My. God. Heisman Recruiting is HARD! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2010, 02:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Oh. My. God. Heisman Recruiting is HARD!

Just bumped up my recruiting difficutly to heisman from AA after my 4th year at Wazzou, and i have to say it is kicking my a**. I have a ton of needs at WR and RB, and i'm not able to pull any guys that can significantly help me next year. I lost a 3-star CB who was in state to ark. state....ARKANSAS STATE.

And it's not like i didn't spend enough time on him. I repeatedly put 6 topics into him and also tried to compare topics with ark. state in an effort to deduct their points, but it didn't help much. Even lost another player to Colorado State, although that player was out of my pipeline state.

All i've got to say is, my prestige better move up from a 3-star to a 4th-star after this season (currently in the rose bowl against Florida). And don't get me wrong, i love that this is challenging and that it's not easy for me to pull high quality recruits, frankly it allows me to player deeper into my dynastys so that my team isn't stacked every year. But jeesh, this is just rediculous. Any tips or recommendations that you guys may have if you've ever recruited on heisman?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Oh. My. God. Heisman Recruiting is HARD!

The computer cheats on Heisman. Sorry Man.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:56 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Im using Heisman recruiting too( With V Tech) and in my first year I couldn't get any 5 star recruits...I was ranked 93rd for recruiting classes, ridiculous.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:08 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

This is why you use All-American " As ND I only landed 1 5-star recruit, and about 6 4-stars so far. I have the 13th recruiting class. Seems pretty realistic to me.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I was in the top 10 most of this last season on Heisman recruiting, but finished like 32. I didn't need many recruits though, so my ranking was a little skewed. I recruit with Miami and on Heisman I can usually land inside the top 30-35. I usually recruit only 15 players a year, just enough to replace graduation seniors, so I could probably get all 25 scholarships filled and nail top 20 classes if I wanted.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

i don't notice a difference except that u only have one opportunity to change subjects. i believe you will actually be better off spending less time say 40 min compared to 60 min and getting 40 quality min. instead of wasting 20 min on pitches that hurt more than help.

in my 1 star dynasty as San Diego St. i was able to take 3 recruits from UCLA 3* recruits. pulled in 18 recruits which was good for like 53rd in the nation which is great for San Diego St.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #7
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Using your time wisely is key. If you're going after a guy that only has one scholarship offer (you) then there is no need to put 50 or 60 minutes in. I usually go 10 to 20 depending on how much I'm ahead of the next team. Save your time for the guys that are a little behind other teams.

I make sure I'm at least in the top 5 of the recruits list or no more than 200 points back from the top team (for needs). This will give you a better chance to get recruits and you won't be wasting your time with people 8th or 9th on your list and 500 points back.

I usually go after some recruits that don't have me listed, this is 2 or 3 a year that I really want, because of size, speed, tackling, etc. These recruits are usually JUCO (Jrs.) because many teams do not even go after these recruits.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 38

What actually is the difference between the two levels?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »