Home

EA has no reason to create a realistic long dynasty mode

This is a discussion on EA has no reason to create a realistic long dynasty mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #9
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: EA has no reason to create a realistic long dynasty mode

I can see this as a "chicken and the egg" predicament. On one hand you can say EA doesn't test dynasties for the long haul because most people don't play them past year one. You can also say that most people don't play dynasties for the long haul due to the diminishing quality of the game in long-term dynasties.

Either way, I do hope that creating a more robust and balanced long-term dynasty is a goal at EA.

Sideshow Bob
Old 03-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #10
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

I finished my college hoops dynasties.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #11
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
I can see this as a "chicken and the egg" predicament. On one hand you can say EA doesn't test dynasties for the long haul because most people don't play them past year one. You can also say that most people don't play dynasties for the long haul due to the diminishing quality of the game in long-term dynasties.

Either way, I do hope that creating a more robust and balanced long-term dynasty is a goal at EA.
That was my thoght exactly. After 2-3 years, thegame becomes flawed, so why play it past 2-3 years?
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #12
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

To your point.... Given that we (hardcore guys who would be interested in a long-term dynasty) make up so little of the game's audience, it's quite pleasing all they have done on our behalf.

I have one dynasty that's in 2016 with all human users and another that's in 2025 with just my team.... Both have pretty realistic rosters, although the one with just my team is obviously much better with no human recruiting competition.

Also, in my solo and 12-man dynasties the cpu has done a pretty decent job of competing for recruits. Ohio State, Alabama, and teams like that routinely give our guys problems in games, sometimes beating them, and have A- or better rosters.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:25 PM   #13
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
To your point.... Given that we (hardcore guys who would be interested in a long-term dynasty) make up so little of the game's audience, it's quite pleasing all they have done on our behalf.

I have one dynasty that's in 2016 with all human users and another that's in 2025 with just my team.... Both have pretty realistic rosters, although the one with just my team is obviously much better with no human recruiting competition.

Also, in my solo and 12-man dynasties the cpu has done a pretty decent job of competing for recruits. Ohio State, Alabama, and teams like that routinely give our guys problems in games, sometimes beating them, and have A- or better rosters.
I just played a team in year 4 that was unable to kick extra points or field goals, things only get magnified the deeper you get into an OD. Just out of curiosity I joined an OD I found that was in year 26.

I found things like a bunch of teams being rated D overall.
4 in the Big 10, 3 in the Big 12. 8 in the MAC. Every conference had at least one.

One of these D rated BCS teams had 10 QBs and 12 WRs. That's over 1/4th of the roster dedicated to those two positions.

Now this is nothing new, these are known issues with the game. The issue is that even though the CPU teams can pull in highly ranked classes, they do a poor job of addressing needs. So a team might pull in a top 10 recruiting classes but when their top 3 recruits all play QB it doesn't matter.

The computer's poor recruiting, and the flawed recruit engine are apparent in year one, and it doesn't take much to predict what the eventual outcome is gonna be. Poorly structured teams that make no sense at all.

It's just the little things like this EA doesn't really seem to care about because they realize people are going to quit after one or two years anyway.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If they gave us a great dynasty that wasn't broken in 4 years, then I would easily play past 4 years an so would many others. It also gets hard to play more than one season when nothing, but the layout has changed in dynasty mode since this gen started.

― Plato
Old 03-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #15
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Why does everyone seem to forget that people, myself included, will spend years in their own offline dynasty?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #16
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

I think this could be fixed by adding recruiting logic that simply says keep this position between this amount and this amount. And allow them to drop recruits they have been going hard after if they meet their quota.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »