Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Gameplay, Part 1

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Gameplay, Part 1 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
OK people, we get it. You love back breaker. So go down to gamestop and pick it up. Trust me there are plenty of copies because it was not that great of a game. Do I love the tackling on NCAA? No! R they trying to fix it, I believe yes. But it is not necessarily an easy fix. Nor is changing engines. You have a right to complain and voice opinions but backbreaker was a crap game.
And EA has the cash, staffing and resources to have implemented what BB did several years ago. And they still haven't done it. BB may not be as polished as EA's game, but at least they are bringing something new and useful to the table instead of trumpeting adding bowl game patches.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #58
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Gameplay, Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMCanes93
Just watch the videos. Though the tackles DO look nice, and look much more natural than previous years, they are still canned. They're just implemented in a way that makes them look more natural. Backbreaker's whole selling point was that you'd (almost literally) NEVER see the same tackle twice. In Backbreaker, the point of contact and speed of players would have to be EXACTLY the same for the tackle to look the same. This is not the case with NCAA Football 12. While NCAA will use physics, it will use physics to decide which animation is triggered. Backbreaker used physics to create the tackles themselves. See what I'm saying?

Things is I have watched already two 10+ minsof BB games, and I have seen the same tackles just from different angles of the tackle.And from that field camera view you couldnt really tell if they repeated or not. Like every dive tackle resulted in maybe 3 different results but from diff angles and sometimes having one of your own players holding on to you as if he was tackling you as well. To be honest despite readin whats on the natural motion website the tackle simulation was fairly similar through out the game. Some which didnt make much sense, sometimes there own players would tackle each other and there were some bowling pin moments.

I will agree with carnal it was different and cool but after 10 mins of watchin it still was repetitive just not a noticeable as NCAA. You just have to watch closely.
YouTube: TBD

Last edited by PaperBoyx703; 04-22-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #59
Banned

ChiRis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
The new tackling system, where animations begin with contact, is what being added to this years game. The same concept is being applied to both blocking and catching(hitting the catch button and WR goes automatically(sliding) into a catch sequence) to minimize suction to a point where it isn't a factor. This is year one of this new tackle system they are implementing, I dont expect or am saying it will be perfect but will be an big improvement

What canned animations do you know are going to be in there?
I absolutely cannot believe the ignorance you're showing in this thread. Lord have mercy.

Just because the animations start when actual contact is made doesn't mean they're not canned animations. There's a library of PRE MADE tacle animations, and based on a number of variables at the point of contact it produces one of the tack animations. CANNED animation. Recorded.

In Backbreaker it uses physics for it's animations. Non canned animations that aren't recorded by a guy in a suit, but created by the game on the fly.

I don't get whats so hard for you to understand. ALL of EA's animations in game are recorded with cameras with a guy in a suit, while the game itself creates them on the fly in Backbreaker. They're not predetermined.

Lord.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #60
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Oh yea, of course Michigan gets their free fantasy hit on the Bucks....wait, there's new pro combat for tOSU this year?
Old 04-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #61
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
like another poster said, the turning of big guys is a legit issue and i put that on the ratings IMO a 230lb guy should not have more than a 75 agility when you give them 80-90's thats where the game breaks.

the scat backs running over DT's should be an easy fix for the devs, it was fixed with str edits in a friends roster, give a small RB a 30str and he never flipped a DT.... its just a matter of how they expand the str rating. 50 should be weak, but for the sake on LB's and SS they made 50 real powerful.

bottom line the ratings under the hood needs adjusted and if we cant get the global editor they need to expand them so ratings of 70 and lower is bad/barely good.........
Agreed. People won't complain as much if star players have low ratings in strength if they are slightly above their counterparts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #62
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Agreed. People won't complain as much if star players have low ratings in strength if they are slightly above their counterparts.
This. There has got to be some way we can all unite behind at least getting a "hardcore" difficulty setting in NCAA 12/Madden 12 with realistic, balanced ratings and preset sliders along with "hardcore" ranked games lobby and online dynasty. People have united behind dreads and broadcast cam, we should be able to get this. It would be a shame to see all these game play improvements basically overshadowed because of the same arcadish ratings scale being used again this year. I understand the whole "out the box" settings are for the casual football gamer but the hardcore has no realistic preset setting "in the box" at all.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #63
Rookie

carvis#15's Arena

OOOO, I can't wait until they give us the latest on dynasty and Road To Glory !
Old 04-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #64
Rookie

NJG-11's Arena

Video games can neva be perfect but as long as they greatly improve on it from last year I'll buy it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »