Home

Idea about Teambuilder and uniforms

This is a discussion on Idea about Teambuilder and uniforms within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Idea about Teambuilder and uniforms

If a mod feels like moving to sub-forum, go for it. Didn't mean to post this in here.

I was just thinking about LSU's Katrina uniforms and how they made the sexy all-white combined with the regular jersey. Then I began to think about old pro combats and whether all that would be in the game and if I would have to make a white LSU helmet in TB, remembering how hard that is. Then it hit me: instead of loading thousands upon thousands of jerseys, pants, and helmets onto the disk, why not load the 09 Pro Combats and special occasion unis (like the Katrina Relief) onto to TB so instead of making uniforms that look like the real thing if you close one eye and don't look out the other, simple load to TB. That way, if we want them, we can just DL them, for free.

(no offense to Mr. Lux, but this would take you out a job until the new pro combats are unveiled mid-season)

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Idea about Teambuilder and uniforms

IIRC, all of the things in teambuilder (uniform pieces, stadiums, etc.) are already on the disk. When you "download" a teambuilder team, you are really downloading a file which combines all those pieces to make a team, its uniform, and its field/stadium.

I'm fairly certain that's how an NCAA dev explained how teambuilder works a couple years back.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
IIRC, all of the things in teambuilder (uniform pieces, stadiums, etc.) are already on the disk. When you "download" a teambuilder team, you are really downloading a file which combines all those pieces to make a team, its uniform, and its field/stadium.

I'm fairly certain that's how an NCAA dev explained how teambuilder works a couple years back.
yes. But I highly doubt the Katrina unis are on the disk. And so instead of trying to get it as close as possible, why not just let us download it off of TB if we want it so badly?

@AdamdotH
Old 04-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
yes. But I highly doubt the Katrina unis are on the disk. And so instead of trying to get it as close as possible, why not just let us download it off of TB if we want it so badly?
I guess I don't understand what you mean. Are you suggesting the ability to create a uniform on TB and add it to LSU's existing options?
Old 04-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
I guess I don't understand what you mean. Are you suggesting the ability to create a uniform on TB and add it to LSU's existing options?
No. Instead of putting old Pro Combats and Special Occasion uniforms on the disk, pre-load it on the TB site. So that way, If I wanted the white LSU helmet, I can just make an LSU team and choose from actual helmets.

I mean, I've explained it pretty clearly.

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 21

Considering some of the odd uniforms they've kept in the games, I'm not too worried about any being removed, especially special occasion unis like the Katrina uniforms. And even if they're taken out of the game, I'd be surprised if they were removed from TB.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #7
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
No. Instead of putting old Pro Combats and Special Occasion uniforms on the disk, pre-load it on the TB site. So that way, If I wanted the white LSU helmet, I can just make an LSU team and choose from actual helmets.

I think I see what you're saying but there are no uniforms on the TB site, the site is just a guide that corresponds to uniform templates preloaded on the disc; custom and preexisting (like the LSU PCs). Like capn said, when you download a team all you're downloading is data that tells the game which uniform template to use, what color to make it (if applicable) and a custom logo.

It's kinda like ordering a pizza from Dominos.com, the pizza isn't on the website; just the instructions that allow you to tell the cook what toppings you want. I remember Adam saying teams are 5MB each; if you were downloading them off the site they would take a lot longer than they do.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #8
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

so you'd rather them not be in the game already but instead be able to choose them on the TB site? But then when you go and create a LSU team you lose all the things that go along with the real LSU team already in the game. That would include things like fight songs (which can be bypassed with Stadium Sounds), authentic team intros, school records, and a lot of alternate uniform options since you can only create 2 home/ 2 away jerseys/pants. You also lose the ability to add team color accessories for equipment. I'd rather the stuff be included in the game.

And last i checked (which was 2 seconds ago), you can choose the 07 white helmet, the standard gold helmet and the 09 pro combat helmet on the TB website. Those 3 helmets are also on the disc game and you can choose any of the 3 when choosing your uniform but if you create an LSU team on the teambuilder site you're going to lose 1 of those 3 helmets because you only get 2 choices.

So i'm not really sure what it is you're asking for

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 04-25-2011 at 11:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »