Home

Dreads Are In (And They Look Terrible)

This is a discussion on Dreads Are In (And They Look Terrible) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #17
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Dreads Are In (And They Look Terrible)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 007
Asking for things is not wrong, the only problem is see is that some people will never be satisfied. After they implement varied lengths they will want dyed tips then dreads in a band, etc. Every few posters will say thank you for what's already done, but others will never say thank you.
I def. see what you're saying, and I agree with you.

The OP addresses that I was impressed that the dreads were free flowing. I absolutely love what the dev's have done with the game this year listening to feedback, I have great appreciation for that and it's half the reason I wrote the post.

But guys, everyone can see what the dreads look like - I just feel like they weren't done right, even if they were just standard mid-length dreads and that was the only style I would not be writing this OP
Old 04-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #18
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I would also like to point out that my OP doesn't say I won't be able to enjoy the game without realistic dreads.

I enjoyed last year's game and it didn't have dreads, and I'm very confident I'm going to have fun playing this year's game.

But if we're going to have dreads (or any presentation detail for that matter), why not have it be as authentic as possible?
You certainly intimated it by saying this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
\As a Miami Hurricane fan there are a lot of guys on the roster with dreadlocks so it's hard to have an "authentic" experience playing as Miami without guys with dreadlocks.

The more I watch the videos the more upset I get about dreadlocks.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #19
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Well I see what you are saying but then you start down a slippery slope. Then realistic commentary is not needed because it is not important, Correct jersey and bowl patches not needed because it supplies little to the experience, team specify entrance music is not needed because it supplies nothing, and on and on.

Bowl patches people are pumped about

Team entrance music people are pumped about

3D grass people are pumped about.

Reason being people are excited is because it makes the experience more immersive. So having it in but not being correct is close to the same thing of not having it in at all.

So while some people might think it is a small bitch and others think it is nitpicking. You can't knock the relevance of getting it correct or why spend the time on it in the first place?

basically my mind set when I do anything around the house. Do it right the first time and you don't have to do it again later.
Right but there's a big difference between vacuuming your living room and making changes to a game like this.

As I said, the complaint on it's own merit has validity. The hyperbole and at times vitriol that seem to accompany this particular complaint in the various threads doesn't match the severity of the issue. That's why it's so hard to take these seriously. That and the sheer volume of dread complaint threads.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:39 PM   #20
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You're misusing those quotes.

The first one is about why I wanted dreads in general, it's hard to have an authentic experience as the Miami Hurricanes without dreadlocks at all. Doesn't say I won't have fun, just takes away from the authenticity.

And yes, the more videos I watch with the dreadocks the more upset it makes me, but that's b/c of the way dreadlocks were implemented not with my overall impressions or views on the game.

Guys, I couldn't be more excited for this game - but yes, the fact that dreadlocks weren't implemented well when they did get implemented upsets me
Old 04-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That hardly resembles him saying the lack of dreads lengths will make it near impossible to enjoy the game. You're the one is who stretching everything. He said it would make it less authentic which is the truth. If NCAA 12 had two versions for the same price and the only differences were one had dread lengths and the other had one set of dreads, then which would you buy? The one with more dread options because it enhances the experience and makes it feel more authentic.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #22
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Well I see what you are saying but then you start down a slippery slope. Then realistic commentary is not needed because it is not important, Correct jersey and bowl patches not needed because it supplies little to the experience, team specify entrance music is not needed because it supplies nothing, and on and on.

Bowl patches people are pumped about

Team entrance music people are pumped about

3D grass people are pumped about.

Reason being people are excited is because it makes the experience more immersive. So having it in but not being correct is close to the same thing of not having it in at all.

So while some people might think it is a small bitch and others think it is nitpicking. You can't knock the relevance of getting it correct or why spend the time on it in the first place?

basically my mind set when I do anything around the house. Do it right the first time and you don't have to do it again later.
This site has shown me that nothing can be done right the first time. Even the things you mentioned that have people pumped about them have pissed off others. We have people that can notice when logos and stripes on their teams are off by a couple centimeters. Do you really think they can get everything "right" the first time?

Also who is to say what is right and wrong anyway? Hell, 2K basketball still hasn't gotten hair perfect, but there isn't 50 threads that show up about it. Madden's dreads (which looked much worse than these) didn't have all these threads show up. At some point it gets ridiculous to see this many threads when the original request was just for dreads with no specific length mentioned for the most part. If we only got mini dreads or whatever in, people would complain about the lack of longer dreads or dreads coming out the bottom of the helmet, etc.

Sometimes you can't do "perfect" on the first try. And I know damn well you can't on this site.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #23

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
HOW MANY THREADS DO WE NEED ON DREADLOCKS?!?!?!

STOP THE MADNESS!

YES. ALL CAPS IS NEEDED.
Right here.

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »