Home

Is there a way to make all seniors go to draft?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to make all seniors go to draft? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #9
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Is there a way to make all seniors go to draft?

I am not really a big fan of everybody elses ideas, mostly because what you guys are asking for is this game to make calculations that are rather unnessesary. Draft projections, are for madden as is anything else dealing with the draft.

My idea, while not absolutly needed, is simply making the game give a visual for the user to see, of something the game already has calculated.

This is a nice touch for non-Madden owners, but is amazingly useful for Madden owners who want to know which one of their players are going to the draft. As it is, seniors just kind of dissapear to the abyss.

Another issue I have is that good players, 85+ overall players dont even test the draft. A better graduation vs draft logic would be nice.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #10
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Just because they are able to be drafted does not mean they will be drafted. I think the OP is saying that all seniors should have the opportunity to be drafted instead of the game deciding who appears in the draft and who does not. I agree with the OP.
But why bother having some 62 overall RS Senior from Eastern Michigan take a place in the draft? Too many people would make scrolling through people far too time consuming. And then imagine the gigantic free agent market. Even if players who are horrible retire after 1 or 2 years, it's still a huge mess of people.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #11
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
But why bother having some 62 overall RS Senior from Eastern Michigan take a place in the draft? Too many people would make scrolling through people far too time consuming. And then imagine the gigantic free agent market. Even if players who are horrible retire after 1 or 2 years, it's still a huge mess of people.
Honestly, I agree with this. There should be an arbitrary cut-off line for whether or not players go pro. In my opinion an 80 or 75 is sufficient. Lets say mid to high seventies are your career back-ups (Ds and Cs with the rare B and rarest A potentials) and maybe your Tom Brady esque diamond in the rough. 80-85s are your average starters. A mix between C potential, B potential and the occasional A potential. 85+ are your elite players who have some A potentials, mostly B potentials and then some C's and D's.

Atleast that is my opinion on how the imported draft classes should work. If everybody goes then everybody becomes a free agent, and that is just a bunch of wasted processing power.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2011, 02:35 AM   #12
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
There should be a cut off point. You are right in that they do not all need to go the problem is the game sometimes skips out on ones that should go. Not all the higher rated players show up in the draft when you save a draft class. Sometimes award winners do not even make it.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #13
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
There should be a cut off point. You are right in that they do not all need to go the problem is the game sometimes skips out on ones that should go. Not all the higher rated players show up in the draft when you save a draft class. Sometimes award winners do not even make it.
Interesting. Honestly the last time I imported a class was in '08 ('09 games) when I actually bought both games. Since then the I hear that they did improve some of the logic in how recruits are rated at the next level.

If there is a problem with good players not going pro then this should be addressed.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't think all players should go to the draft, but I do agree with a cutoff point. Anyone 80 or up should be in the draft. I had a dynasty I would do a season of in NCAA, then import the draft class to Madden and do a franchise season, then back to dynasty, then back to franchise, and so on. There were a few years I had guys rated around 90 that wouldn't appear, but my starters in the mid 80's did. I'd just like it to be consistent from 80 and up. It would also be cool if the game randomly generated those one or two guys in the 7th who have A potential, but were low 80's in college.

― Plato
Old 05-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #15
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Interesting. Honestly the last time I imported a class was in '08 ('09 games) when I actually bought both games. Since then the I hear that they did improve some of the logic in how recruits are rated at the next level.

If there is a problem with good players not going pro then this should be addressed.
Its not an earth shattering problem just sometimes oddities happen. The draft class ratings when imported to madden has been improved and unless it gets screwed up this year it is good now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #16
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Maybe the CPU could also throw in a couple of Random Generated guys from FCS Teams, like Pat Devlin/Joe Flacco (Delaware) or Tawhi Jones (Eastern Washington. Also perhaps a couple of random players between 76-80 (If the cutoff point is 80 overall) could become 'Combine Stars' and appear in the draft.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »