Home

Pipeline Bug?

This is a discussion on Pipeline Bug? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Pipeline Bug?

Has anyone else had this happen? I'm in year 4 of an online dynasty, I have 10 players on my roster from Texas, which has been a pipeline for my team every year, and this year I looked at my pipelines and everything is correct except instead of TX as a pipeline I have TN... despite having 0 players from Tennessee...

Anyone else see this happen? I'm hoping this is a one year bug and next year corrects itself as that is a pretty poor trade-off considering the number of NCAA 11 recruits that come from TX vs TN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Pipeline Bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbooty
Has anyone else had this happen? I'm in year 4 of an online dynasty, I have 10 players on my roster from Texas, which has been a pipeline for my team every year, and this year I looked at my pipelines and everything is correct except instead of TX as a pipeline I have TN... despite having 0 players from Tennessee...

Anyone else see this happen? I'm hoping this is a one year bug and next year corrects itself as that is a pretty poor trade-off considering the number of NCAA 11 recruits that come from TX vs TN.
Pipelines jump for no reason at times in the game you can simply switch it back by(during pre-season) selecting Texas again.
YouTube: TBD
Old 05-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
Pipelines jump for no reason at times in the game you can simply switch it back by(during pre-season) selecting Texas again.
I'm not sure what you mean by "selecting Texas", I was under the impression you achieved pipelines by having 4+ players from that state on your roster? Do you mean using the DLC "accelerator" to add extra pipelines? We don't use accelerators in our dynasty. If you do NOT mean using the accelerators can you give more details on how I fix this?

Thanks
Old 05-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbooty
I'm not sure what you mean by "selecting Texas", I was under the impression you achieved pipelines by having 4+ players from that state on your roster? Do you mean using the DLC "accelerator" to add extra pipelines? We don't use accelerators in our dynasty. If you do NOT mean using the accelerators can you give more details on how I fix this?
I don't know what he's talking about either. The game has pipeline bugs that will switch Texas to Tennessee (it seems to happen particularly if you're using ANY team from Utah) and also remove Utah as a pipeline altogether. So for instance if you SHOULD have pipelines of California, Utah, Texas, and Arizona, you'll suddenly notice you have California, Tennessee, and Arizona.

Sometimes it will get "fixed" at the beginning of a new season, but within a week or so it's screwed up again. There is really nothing you can do about it but pray they fix it for next year. I've posted about it multiple times and so have others here and on EA's forum and no fix or even a response.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
I don't know what he's talking about either. The game has pipeline bugs that will switch Texas to Tennessee (it seems to happen particularly if you're using ANY team from Utah) and also remove Utah as a pipeline altogether. So for instance if you SHOULD have pipelines of California, Utah, Texas, and Arizona, you'll suddenly notice you have California, Tennessee, and Arizona.

Sometimes it will get "fixed" at the beginning of a new season, but within a week or so it's screwed up again. There is really nothing you can do about it but pray they fix it for next year. I've posted about it multiple times and so have others here and on EA's forum and no fix or even a response.
Awesome, thank you for your post... at least now I know its an issue that is known to happen and not something I am misunderstanding or something I did wrong... like you said, hopefully the fact that its been made known to the developers they'll have it fixed going into next year's version... and maybe I'll get lucky and next season I can recruit in Texas again hehe...

EDIT: I re-read your post, and it just hit me that this year Utah (should have) became a pipeline for me, and it wasn't previously (when Texas was)... I wonder if it has something to do with the combo of having both Utah and Texas as a pipeline... I will cut a few Utah players (I'm sure I have some that are dispensable) in the offseason and see if I get Texas back...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just weighing in b/c my memory sometimes actually works...

I swear I've seen some Pipeline-issue threads before that center around a Utah glitch -- either Utah as a pipeline state, or if your team is from the state.
I"m in the SEC with Auburn so I scanned through and then ignored b/c I felt like it wasn't an issue to worry about (not one of the states I'm dying to add as a pipeline, ya know?). Maybe a Utah Pipeline search will help you get to the bottom of the problem?
Old 05-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
Just weighing in b/c my memory sometimes actually works...

I swear I've seen some Pipeline-issue threads before that center around a Utah glitch -- either Utah as a pipeline state, or if your team is from the state.
I"m in the SEC with Auburn so I scanned through and then ignored b/c I felt like it wasn't an issue to worry about (not one of the states I'm dying to add as a pipeline, ya know?). Maybe a Utah Pipeline search will help you get to the bottom of the problem?
Good call, I just did and it does seem to have something to do with Utah being a pipeline. My team isn't in Utah, and I wasn't planning on Utah becoming a pipeline, just happened that I signed 2 players last offseason from Utah which put me to 4 total (I look during recruiting to see where I am on pipeline players so I can sign someone from a certain state if I need to to keep a good pipeline). I'm hoping if I cut a Utah player in the offseason I'll get Texas back.

Thanks a ton for your help guys, if cutting a Utah player gets me Texas back then this thread has been EXTREMELY helpful (even if I don't I appreciate you shedding light on what caused this).
Old 05-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #8
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

This glitch made me chuckle....

BTW, what schools are in Utah?

BYU, Utah St, and Utah? I'm guessing they all start with Utah as a pipeline...
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »