Home

My solution to the passing game

This is a discussion on My solution to the passing game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #17
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: My solution to the passing game

Until we get something more than hit X for X Wr it will continue to be a stale and non engaging experience.
Still say a revamped/improved cursor system like Fever is a good OPTION. Keep what they have but give us options.
Doubt EA ever does that though.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Until we get something more than hit X for X Wr it will continue to be a stale and non engaging experience.
Still say a revamped/improved cursor system like Fever is a good OPTION. Keep what they have but give us options.
Doubt EA ever does that though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eALSN...yer_detailpage
Old 05-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
The only thing with that is it is still all user controlled. I'd rather have that over the current system, but I'd still like it to be different per QB. I guess it would be a wider circle for a less accurate QB and the ball could land anywhere in that circle and a smaller one for a Brees like QB where the circle is pretty much pin point. But I think there also needs to be a way better QB's assist you in throwing it perfect, not overthrown, not under thrown. Just my $0.02

― Plato
Old 05-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The only thing with that is it is still all user controlled. I'd rather have that over the current system, but I'd still like it to be different per QB. I guess it would be a wider circle for a less accurate QB and the ball could land anywhere in that circle and a smaller one for a Brees like QB where the circle is pretty much pin point. But I think there also needs to be a way better QB's assist you in throwing it perfect, not overthrown, not under thrown. Just my $0.02

Ever QB was different.Some QB's the cursor moved faster and for other's it moved slower.(I haven't played in a cuple of months so I don't remebre what else it effected.)
Old 05-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
Ever QB was different.Some QB's the cursor moved faster and for other's it moved slower.(I haven't played in a cuple of months so I don't remebre what else it effected.)
I haven't played the game in years, so I don't remember, but that seems like it could work as well as having different sized targets based on accuracy.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #22
Rookie

Kodos's Arena

OVR: 5

It seems like you could make QB's play more to their accuracy rating just by having the target area for the ball expand the lower the QB's accuracy rating is. Not knowing exactly where the ball will land could lower completion percentages without needing tons of drops. You could have the receiver in the cross hairs, but the ball ends up hitting elsewhere within the possible target area circle. Eric Crouch would have a target roughly the size of Rhode Island on any given throw.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

yeah that cursor system looks awesome, but does ea have the balls to make a bold change like that which would revitalize the passing game and make it much more difficult.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think the cursor target idea would be awesome. An added bonus would be that the defensive player could "read the eyes" of the QB and make a play on the ball. On the other side if you got good enough you could manipulate the defense to your liking as the QB. I think this would be at least worth a look by EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »