Home

No huddle feature still in ncaa 12?

This is a discussion on No huddle feature still in ncaa 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #9
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: No huddle feature still in ncaa 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Yeah, that might have been the best gameplay feature they added last year. They'll keep it, as I'm pretty sure it was liked universally.
You're joking right? The no huddle offense in NCAA 11 has it's moments but too often is represented very unrealistically, especially when used in online games. THIS is a universal fact.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #10
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
You're joking right? The no huddle offense in NCAA 11 has it's moments but too often is represented very unrealistically, especially when used in online games. THIS is a universal fact.
For those of us who play Offline more often than Online, I'm pretty sure it was universally liked. The no huddle offensive was implemented almost seamlessly for simulation purposes. You can cheese with anything Online, so I don't think the fact that people did cheese with it comes as much of surprise. In fact, people cheesed with the no huddle before this feature was ever implemented.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 05-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #11
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
For those of us who play Offline more often than Online, I'm pretty sure it was universally liked. The no huddle offensive was implemented almost seamlessly for simulation purposes. You can cheese with anything Online, so I don't think the fact that people did cheese with it comes as much of surprise. In fact, people cheesed with the no huddle before this feature was ever implemented.
The offline part was somewhat broken. Not because of no-huddle offenses, but because of the lack of a deep depth chart. Teams that no-huddled 7 or 8 straight plays then huddled up ended up having CBs playing WR and DTs playing on the O-Line.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2011, 11:46 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I want to see Defense get caught off guard time to time. The CPU never really get caught off guard. Most time if you try to get a quick pass off when trying to catch the cpu off guard it ends up being swatted down. But I dont want to see it abused and overused. If you look at last year with Oregon and Auburn, they were able to use a fast no huddle and was able to catch defense off guard time to time
Old 05-11-2011, 12:24 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

As an offline only player, I would like to see improvements to the no huddle offense. Namely the inclusion of different tempo No Huddles, since not every no huddle team rushes up to the line as fast as possible and the problem of cb's playing wr and dt's playing o-line like somebody else mentioned being addressed. Even teams within the same game don't run the no huddle at the same tempo all the time, sometimes you see a team like Oregon rush up to the line, other times they take a little more time. Maybe they could replicate this in the game.

I would also like to see an option under teams coach settings to toggle no huddle on and off for teams and an option to change the tempo of the team's no huddle offense. I noticed a couple teams last year that EA had incorrectly running a no huddle, would like the ability to change those under the coaching settings.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 05-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #14
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
As an offline only player, I would like to see improvements to the no huddle offense. Namely the inclusion of different tempo No Huddles, since not every no huddle team rushes up to the line as fast as possible and the problem of cb's playing wr and dt's playing o-line like somebody else mentioned being addressed. Even teams within the same game don't run the no huddle at the same tempo all the time, sometimes you see a team like Oregon rush up to the line, other times they take a little more time. Maybe they could replicate this in the game.

I would also like to see an option under teams coach settings to toggle no huddle on and off for teams and an option to change the tempo of the team's no huddle offense. I noticed a couple teams last year that EA had incorrectly running a no huddle, would like the ability to change those under the coaching settings.
The no huddle changes were unquestionably my favorite addition in last year's game. It does need to be tweaked for the CPU teams that run it however, as others have said. I played as Michigan and ran the no huddle after almost every play except for incomplete passes. I didn't use the aggressive tempo setting and I didn't push the button to have my guys all sprint to the line. By doing this, I would sometimes go 6 deep @ WR and 3 deep @ HB, but I never had to have defensive players playing offense due to fatigue. If the CPU teams played similarly, then you wouldn't see offensive formations like this:
QB:2, CB: 3, FB: 2, TE: 3 (playing on the O-line), DT: 1.
The simple change from making guys sprint to the line in a no huddle (by either aggressive tempo or with the "sprint to the line" button) makes an enormous difference on how quickly players get fatigued.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #15
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

You play online Jello?

lol there is a reason why online players hate the no huddle.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #16
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't play online against random people, but I used Michigan and their no huddle offense in a sim OD over on Tradition Sports.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »