Home

Will you buy NCAA 12 if there is no Coaching Carousel?

This is a discussion on Will you buy NCAA 12 if there is no Coaching Carousel? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2011, 10:29 PM   #57
Rookie

Dmarzio's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Will you buy NCAA 12 if there is no Coaching Carousel?

As much as I love to bitch and moan on the direction of this franchise and this or that features should be in the game, I am such a huge college football fan, that this game is always a purchase for me, even if its not on day one (it usually is). I really don't see a way for me not to purchase it, as I play each version so much that it gets stale after a whole year, and I need a fresh experience. I'm am also glad that the game is satisfying enough, because I probably put more hours of my gaming (which is becoming more limited each year as I grow older) into NCAA than into all of my other games combined. I just love the college game.....
Old 05-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #58
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarzio
As much as I love to bitch and moan on the direction of this franchise and this or that features should be in the game, I am such a huge college football fan, that this game is always a purchase for me, even if its not on day one (it usually is). I really don't see a way for me not to purchase it, as I play each version so much that it gets stale after a whole year, and I need a fresh experience. I'm am also glad that the game is satisfying enough, because I probably put more hours of my gaming (which is becoming more limited each year as I grow older) into NCAA than into all of my other games combined. I just love the college game.....
Then why even complain?
Old 05-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #59
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Simple put no. I'm tired of playing the same old dynasty mode that I have played for ten years now. I'm going to wait a while after release before making my decision. Sad this game use to be a must have now its a wait-n-see.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:30 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 32
No.

I don't get why people are so enamored with a coaching carousel.

Coaches in this game mean nothing. It's a name, and nothing else. There isn't even graphical models for coaches. It's just a name, that's it.

If coaches were licensed and in the game, I could understand -- but as is, coaches are such a miniscule part of the game that I just don't understand the infatuation.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:32 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Simple put no. I'm tired of playing the same old dynasty mode that I have played for ten years now. I'm going to wait a while after release before making my decision. Sad this game use to be a must have now its a wait-n-see.
Just an aside; I love your signature, man.

If this game had those elements, it'd truly be beastly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 05:44 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm not even sure I'm buying the game this year in the first place.

I do really want a coaching carousel but it's how the game actually plays on the field that will make my decision for me.

If anything, QBs refusing to run would probably make or break a purchase for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
I don't get why people are so enamored with a coaching carousel.

Coaches in this game mean nothing. It's a name, and nothing else. There isn't even graphical models for coaches. It's just a name, that's it.

If coaches were licensed and in the game, I could understand -- but as is, coaches are such a miniscule part of the game that I just don't understand the infatuation.
The coaching carousel I expect would have an effect on what style of offense and defense the team runs, the playbooks they use and how they recruit, so that's why I (and others too I'm guessing) want it.

If the coaches are "just a name" then no, I definitely don't want it.

Also, did they not show character models for coaches on the sidelines? I remember them showing TCU's coach among others.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 05-16-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:13 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 5

I will probably not buy the game if a good Coaching Carousel is not in the game this year, even if the Dev team has improved existing mechanics, or has added new non Coaching Carousel additions to Offline Dynasty or Online Dynasty. And I haven't even mentioned the most important deciding factor on whether I buy the game, the gameplay!

Last edited by TheTruth437; 05-16-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #64
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Also, did they not show character models for coaches on the sidelines? I remember them showing TCU's coach among others.
We had character models in the last gen games as well, and where was the coaching carousel in dynasty?

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »