Home

Road to Glory - A Walk-On Who Made the Team Wants You to Know What It Really Means

This is a discussion on Road to Glory - A Walk-On Who Made the Team Wants You to Know What It Really Means within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2011, 09:01 PM   #25
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Road to Glory - A Walk-On Who Made the Team Wants You to Know What It Really Mean

IMO they should have dedicated person to every aspect of the game.

Person who sole purpose was QB scrambling and throwing mechanics.

Person in charge of offensive and defensive line interaction.

Person in charge of special teams.

Person in charge of WR/DB interaction

Person in charge of RBs ball carrier vision and running style

Person in charge of online play

Person in charge of dynasty mode

Person in charge of equipment

Person in charge of cpu AI
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 09:03 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0
what good is RTG if ratings in the game dont matter, db backpedaling in hyper speedand speed bursts. i will be saving my $65 until ea makes a real simulation football game. im tired of ea and their bull.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2
I feel like this mode needs story lines and player types. You need to be able to choose if you want to be the 5 star stud recruit wanted by every school in America. Or a 3 star under the radar guy who only gets offers from the teams in his area. Or maybe you want to be the preferred walk-on that works his way onto the team and plays as an upperclassmen with hard work. And most of all they need a way to have schools actually recruit you. That would be the most fun for me, to pick between a smaller school that was showering you with love or the big time program that you have always dreamed of going to. Also add High School All-American games.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #28
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Road to Glory - A Walk-On Who Made the Team Wants You to Know What It Really Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimulationFootball
what good is RTG if ratings in the game dont matter, db backpedaling in hyper speedand speed bursts. i will be saving my $65 until ea makes a real simulation football game. im tired of ea and their bull.
Other than using it as yet another mindless EA rant, what does this have to do with the subject?
Old 05-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #29
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
This is my main problem with these modes. They trip over themselves allowing you to progress and get playing time. The whole thing just turns into players with jacked up attributes putting up ridiculous numbers.

The only issue with improving attributes like awareness or route running is that they're basically irrelevant when you're the one controlling the player.
This is why in a thread I started called "3 keys to a more organic gameplay" I stressed rating specific moves. If the game had 3-7 rating specific moves at every position things like route running would impact even users. Thus making it worth improving.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #30
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

As a former RTG/Superstar mode player, I'm really encouraged to read that EA is investing resources into revamping this mode. It's been too long.

For those of you who believe that scrapping this mode is okay, please remember that EA has taken more heat over the years from things that have been "removed" from their games and then "all new..." in a future release. So I think EA has learned their lesson that "scrapping" doesn't help sell their products.

Also, not to be argumentative, but for anyone who thinks RTG fans should be ignored just because you think EA should spend their resources in "better" places, now you know how I feel when they spent all their time chasing online dynasty players just to sell more copies of the game. Basically, try playing the new RTG, and if you hate it, fine. Otherwise, too bad...

For the rest of us who welcome these improvements with open arms, I'm eager to get the details on May 23rd. So far, it appears that both NCAA and Madden have been recalibrated towards offline play.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:11 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
For those of you who believe that scrapping this mode is okay, please remember that EA has taken more heat over the years from things that have been "removed" from their games and then "all new..." in a future release. So I think EA has learned their lesson that "scrapping" doesn't help sell their products.

Also, not to be argumentative, but for anyone who thinks RTG fans should be ignored just because you think EA should spend their resources in "better" places, now you know how I feel when they spent all their time chasing online dynasty players just to sell more copies of the game. Basically, try playing the new RTG, and if you hate it, fine. Otherwise, too bad...

For the rest of us who welcome these improvements with open arms, I'm eager to get the details on May 23rd. So far, it appears that both NCAA and Madden have been recalibrated towards offline play.
I 100% agree.
If you look at NBA 2k, MLB the Show, Fifa, NHL(Havent played it), they are good games and you dont hear people say "scrap it, it sucks, use resources for other features). IF they were to take it out, they would be only sports game without it. If you dont like it, than fine. I dont like playing Online at all and dont plan on starting.
The problem was before it was never tooken serious at all. They probably had a person work on it the first year and just left it. NOw it seems to be taken seriously.
I am glad that both Madden and NCAA are improving Offline modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 10:18 PM   #32
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm going to buy NCAA for the first time and purely because of RTG, if they scrapped RTG they'd lose me as a customer permanently. But by having it they've earned themselves a new customer that might never have given the game a look without it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »