Home

Road to Glory - A Walk-On Who Made the Team Wants You to Know What It Really Means

This is a discussion on Road to Glory - A Walk-On Who Made the Team Wants You to Know What It Really Means within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #33
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Road to Glory - A Walk-On Who Made the Team Wants You to Know What It Really Mean

Plus, there are a ton of Casual Gamers that only play RTG, and not Dynasty. OSers often forget we're the minority.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-14-2011, 10:27 PM   #34
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Road to Glory - A Walk-On Who Made the Team Wants You to Know What It Really Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413

. Basically, try playing the new RTG, and if you hate it, fine. Otherwise, too bad...
What does this even mean?
Old 05-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Plus, there are a ton of Casual Gamers that only play RTG, and not Dynasty. OSers often forget we're the minority.
I am not going to lie, I used to fall under that category up till a few years ago. I didnt even think about playing about Dynasty.
I know play Dynasty 60% and RTG 40% and nothing else. I usually play RTG more in the beginning and Dynasty later. I feel that Dynasty should be the main priority. But RTG should also see changes. I like a good 1-2 punch when it comes to modes. Custom Playbooks will boost my Dynasty length. IF Coaching Carousel is added I will easily play over 10 seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 10:48 PM   #36
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

I was glad to read about them putting a real football and RPG knowledgeable person, working on this mode. I personally am not that into RTG/Superstar modes and don't play them but I am hoping these RPG elements, find their way into Dynasty/Franchise mode, in the future.

I have long believed that coaches needed a RPG element with certain attribute categories and each team's fan base needs a strategy game element, added to them. Could be a way of having a true feel of progression/regression throughout the years for individual coaches and teams.

Having coaches gain/lose XP based on how their teams perform and have the teams fan base rally/revolt over coaches/players like "populations" in strategy games, would definitely add a deeper immersion factor to NCAA/Madden, IMO. Nothing too extreme or Sim City-isk but something tailored for football video games.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #37
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
I'm going to buy NCAA for the first time and purely because of RTG, if they scrapped RTG they'd lose me as a customer permanently. But by having it they've earned themselves a new customer that might never have given the game a look without it.
And I think this is a main driving influence in their decision to rebuild RTG. The other major sports titles that have all been solid sellers have introduced winning individual based game modes to their titles, which has had a positive impact on sales.

Think about it: Playing online because of widespread broadband helped drive sales of games like NCAA and Madden over the past couple of years, and now that that game option has been established, it's on to the next hill to climb.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:39 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 7
I don't understand how people can be so close minded when it comes to game modes. seriously RTG is a fun mode an a great alternative to playing online. This is coming from a guy who spent most of his time early on with the game Online. Once I had my fill of that I moved on to RTG and it gave the game a bit of new life, if they can improve on this mode it can only mean the game is going to be more well rounded, offer a better experience and provide us more options as players how could that ever be a bad thing? I for one never really touched the Online Dynasty mode but that doesn't mean it should be scrapped. I completely understand it's a mode that many others enjoy and who knows maybe eventually I'll get around to playin it and like it. More options the better in my opinion. you can say what you want about how they should focus on gameplay and scrap "extra" modes but even a game with great gameplay will get stale if there are only a couple game modes available.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:29 AM   #39
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I'll just leave this here...

Last edited by prowler; 05-15-2011 at 04:32 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:10 AM   #40
Rookie

NDFan1029's Arena

OVR: 2
This is really cool. I think I will actually give RTG mode some serious playing time this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »