Home

What Was Your Most Memorable Single Year in a Dynasty?? (Please Tell About Yours)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Most Memorable Single Year in a Dynasty?? (Please Tell About Yours) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6
What Was Your Most Memorable Single Year in a Dynasty?? (Please Tell About Yours)

This thread is about you sharing your most interesting/memorable season you've ever had in a dynasty.....The more details the better.....

-Were you a small school that upset a big school?
-What made it so memorable?
-It could be an online or offline dynasty
-What team were you? What was your final record? What bowl did you go to? What specific awards did your team/ or specific player win?
-It can be a disappointing season or a successful one.....

Im curious to read some good storylines on here please share yours and what you can remember of it.....

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

Re: What Was Your Most Memorable Single Year in a Dynasty?? (Please Tell About Yours

Mine was an offline Dynasty with Miami (FL) in NCAA 11....
In My opening game against Southwest FCS school (one of the fictional ones) my star qb jacory harris goes down and out for the season and my backup must come in and start the rest of the season.....
I honestly thought about quitting the dynasty and just starting over on it but I stuck with it..... I ended up winning every game that season by 7 points or less (5 games into overtime and 2 into double overtime) and went 13-0 and won the national championship against Oklahoma..... That backup qb ended up being 3rd in the heisman voting.....

every game of that season was incredible!!

Old 05-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: What Was Your Most Memorable Single Year in a Dynasty?? (Please Tell About Yours

My favorite would probably be my SMU dynasty, year one(2010) I went 7-6, played in the New orleans, and won in OT. That year was filled with so many close games, and I was even blown out once, by Houston. It might not seem special at first, but I'm used to demolishing teams, even with Heisman sliders, so this was a Terrific change of pace.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 05-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
Rookie

usc50's Arena

On NCAA 09, I started a dynasty with North Texas. Man, I was bad my 1st season. Played on Heisman with no restarts and I went 4-8, losing my last 5 games (did have 4 starters injured for those games though). However, my 2nd season was awesome. I started out the season upsetting California on the road by about 7-10 points, who was ranked somewhere from 20-25. I lost at Alabama pretty handily (maybe 30 point differential), and that turned out to be my only loss. I beat a top 20 Arkansas at home on a last second field goal and for the biggest win of the season, I beat a top 5 Texas like 22-21 or something like that (scored a TD under 15 seconds left to be down by 1 and went for 2 and got it). I ended up sweeping conference play (lots of close games, won in OT a couple of times) and finished the season 11-1 and won the Sun Belt. Can't remember what bowl game I played in, but I won. It was a fun season and I got an offer from Texas A&M in the offseason and took it.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #5
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc50
On NCAA 09, I started a dynasty with North Texas. Man, I was bad my 1st season. Played on Heisman with no restarts and I went 4-8, losing my last 5 games (did have 4 starters injured for those games though). However, my 2nd season was awesome. I started out the season upsetting California on the road by about 7-10 points, who was ranked somewhere from 20-25. I lost at Alabama pretty handily (maybe 30 point differential), and that turned out to be my only loss. I beat a top 20 Arkansas at home on a last second field goal and for the biggest win of the season, I beat a top 5 Texas like 22-21 or something like that (scored a TD under 15 seconds left to be down by 1 and went for 2 and got it). I ended up sweeping conference play (lots of close games, won in OT a couple of times) and finished the season 11-1 and won the Sun Belt. Can't remember what bowl game I played in, but I won. It was a fun season and I got an offer from Texas A&M in the offseason and took it.
Now thats a good turn a round season.....
good post man

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

This past edition I had an offline dynasty and in one year I had an amazing defense with like 6+ starts over 90 and my team did amazing, but my offense continually let me down and I finished with 11 wins on the year.

The next season though I had an offense better than that defense and a defense that was solid. I didn't end up playing that season as I never finished the Madden season before it, but I know the average starter on my offense had a 89 overall rating. My QB was a Sophomore dual threat with something around 94 and my first three WRs were all over 90 for the 2nd time that dynasty. Also, every single year of that dynasty I had at least all 4 defensive starters on the line rated over 90 and go to the draft.

I wish the real Miami would have players progress to that level.

― Plato
Old 05-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #7
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

On NCAA 11, I managed to bring in a 4* QB to SJSU and a 3* WR that was 6'11, the pair led us to three consecutive wins over top 25 teams, the defense somehow held and we won each game by a few points. Never finished the season but it's pretty intense when you pretty much have to gang tackle just to get a ball carrier down and your secondary gets shredded consistently, it makes every stop worthwhile. I think I beat Stanford and I can't remember the other two..

Using Syracuse I led them to a Fiesta Bowl win over Oklahoma 27-24 after Ryan Nassib hit a streaking receiver as time expired. I didn't even expect him to catch it.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
Rookie

RM938's Arena

OVR: 2

I had a Dynasty in NCAA 10 for the WVU Mountaineers and I couldn't seem to get a QB to come to my school. This was probably 6-7 years deep into a Dynasty. There was no QB that would commit to me, so I went to a lower tier QB and got a kid named Mario Haley he was only a 3 star QB but he was 6'6". I forced him to start his true freshmen year and he was only a 70 overall.

I simmed every game and he won the Heisman Trophy and we went undefeated to win the National Title.
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers

LET'S GO!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »