Home

Why bother playing online

This is a discussion on Why bother playing online within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2011, 03:07 AM   #1
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14
Why bother playing online

Online gaming sucks because of losers like this

Im playing as Alabama vs a guy that Oregon. I score my opening drive and score every drive except right before half on a hail mary pass. its 28 - 7 at half. this guy runs hurry up after every "successful play" and gains about 20 yds in the second half before my defense clamps down. Richardson and Ingram are balling out. both have 2 tds apiece. i score on a long run with about 3:45 left in the game and on the kick off he freezes the game. that is the most complete game ive played in a long time. why must guys cheat to make themselves feel like thay are doing something. this makes me not want to play online. Its not my fault you cant stop the run. its not my fault you couldnt move the ball but on some gimmicky and might i say lucky plays where it seems as though the cpu was helping him a bit and on a late pitch on a speed option.

PSN - MrHeavyInTheGame

"For the good, they fold, but for us the GREAT… WE FOCUS and get our job done" - Michael Irvin aka The Playmaker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2011, 03:22 AM   #2
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Why bother playing online

Because playing offline against the computer doesn't compare. It's like playing rock,paper,scissors against someone who always chooses rock. Once you figure out how to throw paper it's over.

Dealing with cheesers/quitters/etc. does suck but it just comes with the territory.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:29 AM   #3
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14

i guess. it just ridicules that everyone online plays like an 8 yr old. dynasties get old. i need to build my core of sim gamers back up

PSN - MrHeavyInTheGame

"For the good, they fold, but for us the GREAT… WE FOCUS and get our job done" - Michael Irvin aka The Playmaker
Old 05-22-2011, 06:26 AM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

You should've stipulated that you meant "why bother playing 'play now' games online." Getting in a good online dynasty (the vast majority of those over on tradition sports online are good) and you won't have to worry about cheese and most definitely wouldn't have to worry about outright cheating like the freeze glitch.

At the very least, only play against your friends that have proven they don't cheese/cheat.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
Its not my fault you cant stop the run. its not my fault you couldnt move the ball but on some gimmicky and might i say lucky plays where it seems as though the cpu was helping him a bit and on a late pitch on a speed option.
It's not our fault you choose to play random people online

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #6
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I have never heard of someone freezing the game before...kinda confused how that works.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Online is a blast if you have the right people to play against. I often play online against randoms though, it helps you practice against every type of user cheeser or sim(Rare though for randoms)
Old 05-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ya, get a good core group of guys and play a Dynasty, cant beat it!!

i only play "Play now" ranked games in order to learn to defend diff types of players, i go in expecting to see some cheese. just dont let it frustrate ya.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »