Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Tuning and More Details on Coaching Carousel

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Tuning and More Details on Coaching Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #41
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: New Dynasty Blog - Dynasty Tuning

I'm gonna be honest here. This whole week has been nothing but disappointment for me. IMO, they could have put out all the information they needed in 2 blogs instead of spreading it out over a whole week. Aren't we supposed to be talking about tuning here? So why are we talking about Coaching Carousel......again. Oh I see, if you throw in some FAQ's about coaching carousel, it makes your tuning blog look a lot longer than it is, but I digress.

I would have really liked to see some more tuning on recruiting in general. How about:

- Tuning recruits top schools list. In 11, if you looked at a recruits schools lists, sometimes it made no sense at all ie a recruit from Colorado with proximity to home as MOST important to him, yet his top 3 schools are Florida, Ohio State, and Alabama. Huh? Or a recruit with conference prestige as MOST important and his top 3 schools are USC, Boise St., and TCU. Huh? I remember on 10, sometimes without even making a pitch you had an idea of what the recruit wanted. He's got a team full of SEC schools? You can prolly bet that Conference Prestige or Proximity to Home(if he leaved in the southeast) was HIGH, VERY HIGH, or MOST important to him, not in 11 though. Sometimes in 11, it seemed like the list of schools were created randomly, of course with a lil favor to Texas, Florida, Alabama, and Ohio State.

That leads me to the second thing I would have like to see tuned:

- The advantage 6* schools had with recruiting was ridiculous. In my OD, we had guys getting 10-12 5* players a year....and this was on Heisman recruiting. It didn't hurt that they averaged 5-8 instant commits in week 1, with half of them being 5*. It got so bad that we had to put a limit on the amount of 5* recruits these teams could sign. Yeah EA wouldn't tune that.

or

- Tuning phone calls so I don't get the same pitch 3x in a 50 minute phone call(yes that actually happened to me before).

I could go on and on about tuning that could have been done to recruiting to make it better.

I know some of you are excited about this blog, but honestly, I'm still down on this years game. When I saw that they were gonna have a tuning blog today, I knew they were gonna say something about tuning sim stats. You know why? Because they say that every year lol. Anyway, the only thing that got a slight rise out of me was the "teams actually recruiting to their style" part.

Also what is this:

Quote:
Custom Playbooks – Formation Audibles

How are formation audibles set? Formation audibles are set automatically by the CPU for each formation in a custom playbook. The CPU will pick the play out of those in the custom playbook's formation that most closely matches that particular formation audible.
I thought this was OUR custom playbook? Why is the CPU setting my formation audibles? So if I like to have rollouts on my playaction passes, I have to have either nothing but rollouts in my custom playbook or hope that the cpu decides to pick a rollout for my formation audible. **sigh**

Last edited by splff3000; 05-27-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
Understatement of the day. I was hoping for exciting news about dynasty mode but it is appears that the real improvements were either CC or web-based content.

I spend 99% of my time in dynasty. It sounds like EA spent 1% of their development cycle time & resources on dynasty.
Yea, because adding in a completely new feature in the Coach Carousel which involves making the CPU hire and fire coaches and coordinators, which they have never had to do before, tuning the recruits to have more defensive players in the top 150, also making recruits have ratings that are consistent with the teams already on the game, having teams finally recruit to their playbook style, and adding more online features to the OD is not a lot, just 1% of the work they've done all year.

Yea, I agree with you...

― Plato
Old 05-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpheje
Personally, I'm still a little worried about the CPU hoarding problem. Sure they'll recruit to their style but that does that just mean that an option school will end up with 7 scrambling QBs.
That's what I'm worried about too. Hopefully the recruiting to style addresses that. BUT if EA didn't mention it, I think it's safe to say it doesn't address the hoarding problem.

I'm sure the little improvements will make the game a little more enjoyable over last year, but the little annoyances I have had with NCAA are still there. And they all could and should be addressed.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #44
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

lot of butthurt in this forum

@AdamdotH
Old 05-27-2011, 04:16 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
The issue is balancing realism with generally being fun. For the majority taking 10 years to be even considered for a AQ - Job is ridiculous. Might take needing some house rules to prevent yourself from leaping too fast, but the coach loyalty rating also will tune down and make it harder to be a fast success since your loyalty would be terrible.

We do wan't realism but there is an extent to that. A completely realistic game doesn't mean it's always fun.
that's very true, and well said.

and, as you said, we can always self restrict to something like no moving for 3 years or until at least 1 contract term is fulfilled or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #46
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Yea, because adding in a completely new feature in the Coach Carousel which involves making the CPU hire and fire coaches and coordinators, which they have never had to do before, tuning the recruits to have more defensive players in the top 150, also making recruits have ratings that are consistent with the teams already on the game, having teams finally recruit to their playbook style, and adding more online features to the OD is not a lot, just 1% of the work they've done all year.

Yea, I agree with you...
haha. and to splff, how many 6 star teams did you have getting that many recruits? and what was there records? are your sliders weak sauce? because if your winning every game you gonnna get everyone you want. i saw nothing like that in our dynasty only because we were all 5 and 6 star teams so not enough players to go around to give someone a big 5 star class. so other factors play into that. you just cant say change this if you playing a all amercian level dyansty and get no competition from cpu. or if you have one 6 star team and everyone else is 3 star or less. then there is no competition. in 09 (before they reduced the number of 5 stars) the best class in our 6 year was a 9 5 star class by me and i was miami so i was in a great state. thats also a factor. i think if everyone knows how to recruit or you use some house rules like no cutting players(realistic) that way you cant give more scholarships than open spots it resolves this. some people like to cut players so they have needs at positions which gives them a upper hand in recruiting. thats why i wont play in dyanstys that let you cut players. but i think EA is pretty good on these things.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #47
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
(1)Yea, because adding in a completely new feature in the Coach Carousel which involves making the CPU hire and fire coaches and coordinators, which they have never had to do before, (2)tuning the recruits to have more defensive players in the top 150, (3)also making recruits have ratings that are consistent with the teams already on the game, (4)having teams finally recruit to their playbook style, (5)and adding more online features to the OD is not a lot, just 1% of the work they've done all year.

Yea, I agree with you...
(1)I agree with you that coach carousel is a big feature, but IMO, that and custom conferences are the only thing that can be called features. And custom conferences were in last year in a different form so I don't even know if you can call that a feature. It's more like it's updated.

(2)They didn't say they tuned it for more defensive players in the top 150, they said they tuned it so the defensive players in the top 150 have a better chance of being highly rated. There's a difference there.

(3)As for making recruits ratings more consistent with the default ratings on the game, they did that last year with the tuner packs. They weren't spot on, but they were pretty close after all the updates.

(4)I'll give it to you that the teams recruiting to their playing style sounds nice. I have nothing to say about that.

(5)What online features have they added? I saw that they added some online DLC, but I didn't see any online features.

So yeah, I'll agree they spent more than 1% of the work on Dynasty this year, but IMO they only added 1 significant feature(coaching carousel) and refined a past feature(custom conference) for dynasty this year. They threw in a lil tuning and called it a day. So I'll say they spent 10% of the work on dynasty.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #48
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
lot of butthurt in this forum
I've got seven people in this thread on Ignore, so its a matter of the Usual Suspects, bitching and moaning.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »