Home

Not terribly impressed by what i've seen for NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Not terribly impressed by what i've seen for NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

OVR: 3
Not terribly impressed by what i've seen for NCAA 12

Looks like the same game with a few tweaks here and there. Definitely not blowing me away. Just sayin....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Not terribly impressed by what i've seen for NCAA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
Looks like the same game with a few tweaks here and there. Definitely not blowing me away. Just sayin....

I think that it looks a lot like NCAA 11. HOWEVER, I have read that either Christian or Chase I dont remember which one has said that the videos don't do the game justice, which to me only means that the game FEELS much better due to the no suctioning, better tackling, etc. So if we have a better playing football game with NCAA 11's overall look along with new RTG and Dynasty elements then I will be happy with the game.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

yeah i dont believe theres a lot you can take away from videos. animations are one thing you can look at and realism from videos. but gameplay i think is something you have to experience yourself. i dont think anybody should have been expecting the game to look much different. that wont happen unless they change the engine, go more physics based, or change the size of the field and/or players. the game could take a huge step forward while looking largely the same unless looking at the little things. we'll see
Old 06-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

OVR: 3

So its essentially last years game patched. That kind of stuff should have been taken care of in NCAA 11. Sick of EA wanting us to shell out $60 just to fix the errors of the previous version.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

your crazy... this game looks amazing! yeah they are tweaking the best football gameplay ever. I cant wait. this game looks so good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
So its essentially last years game patched. That kind of stuff should have been taken care of in NCAA 11. Sick of EA wanting us to shell out $60 just to fix the errors of the previous version.

I mean if thats how you wanna think of it then to each his own...I wouldnt say anything till you get your hands on the demo, you might actually like it.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
It strikes me as they spent a whole lot of time and effort on the entrances and such. The problem is that Madden's presentation upgrades make NCAA's look weak by comparison. It just seems that Madden has made a much larger jump this year. I feel you because it's kinda frustrating that it seems that can't get both games up to the same level each year. Last year Madden had me in "meh" mode. This year it seems that it was Madden's "turn." Why can't they blow out both year in year out. This year I'm really starting to feel the same "meh" I had about Madden. Well, on a brighter note, it's cheaper and I don't have to choose which one to play!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #8
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
It strikes me as they spent a whole lot of time and effort on the entrances and such. The problem is that Madden's presentation upgrades make NCAA's look weak by comparison. It just seems that Madden has made a much larger jump this year. I feel you because it's kinda frustrating that it seems that can't get both games up to the same level each year. Last year Madden had me in "meh" mode. This year it seems that it was Madden's "turn." Why can't they blow out both year in year out. This year I'm really starting to feel the same "meh" I had about Madden. Well, on a brighter note, it's cheaper and I don't have to choose which one to play!
madden's jump was bigger because madden was literally unplayable last year. While NCAA gave us the best football experience on this gen. NCAA is refining their game while madden had to basically remake theirs. I think madden will be like NCAA last have some glaring deficiencies but still good. While NCAA is going to be great because it's so refined
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »