Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Utah vs. Colorado

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Utah vs. Colorado within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #49
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 12 gameplay - Utah @ Colorado

Why are the DE's still playing patty cake with the OT's? It seems they are programmed to do this regardless of how the play develops. Still didnt see much in pass trajectory but seen some Good tackle animations. Whats the deal with the commentary? Just pure silence between plays and KO's, its dreadful.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 06-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
I'm not sure what i expected. To me Madden looks like it took a pretty big leap forward and i guess i was just hoping for the same with NCAA.
yeah i agree Madden really took off this year from what I'm seeing and recieved the biggest lift in gameplay

I've been more of a fan of the NCAA series the last few years because of the flaws in Madden. But this year i think the roles might have reversed from what i'm seeing out of the videos for both games.

It's not that NCAA 12 took a step back....it just seems a lot of it stayed bacially the same which is cool because I enjoyed NCAA 11 and i've played it all year.....

But with the gameplay enhancements in Madden 12 including player roles for a guy like myself who loves to edit players i think Madden 12 is going to be unreal....can't waite to create some historical great players in Madden 12

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #51
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
Also tackling looks exactly the same as last year and the gang tackling (or lack there of) looks nothing like Madden 12. Not sure why they aren't using the same tackling engine?
No it doesn't. You need to go back and play NCAA 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon5 Folsom

Aren't the buffalo & pac 12 logos facing the wrong way? From the playcall screen/broadcast view, they should be right side up.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
No it doesn't. You need to go back and play NCAA 11.
Yea, I have seen so many new animations play out in all the NCAA 12 videos. Most of them were probably in the game for a while now, but are just now showing up because the lack of suction.

And NCAA does use the same tackling system as Madden, right?

― Plato
Old 06-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #54
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Yea, I have seen so many new animations play out in all the NCAA 12 videos. Most of them were probably in the game for a while now, but are just now showing up because the lack of suction.

And NCAA does use the same tackling system as Madden, right?
I don't know if it's the same tackling engine or not, but it certainly doesn't look the same; IMO anyways. When i watch a Madden 12 video i notice a difference immediately. I watched the entire video attached to this thread and i honestly think i could be watching NCAA 11.

Hey, i hope i'm wrong. I want it to be better and great. Just not seeing it yet.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
Looks good. Commentary isn't anything special but other than that it's good.
And the defensive line still creeps up to the ball at the same time. In the video on several occasions ( at 4:26 is one of the times) the D-line moves in almost complete unison.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 20

A couple of other people mentioned it but the pass rush looks to be lacking again in this video, other than that is looks good. I do wish that they would remove that double cb blitz from the playbook though, that play has been useless the last several years and resulted in an easy td in this video. The CPU had a tendency to call that play pretty frequently in NCAA 10 and NCAA 11.

Really wish they would show a video of a User playing against a CPU team that runs a spread option offense. Still on the fence about the game, mainly because I want to see if they made the spread option more effective, particularly when it is run by the CPU. That will make or break the game for me. Also would like to see more games against the CPU, to see if CPU's QB's will actually scramble. Spread option offenses and mobile qb's who can make plays with their legs is just such a huge part of college football, I will be severely disappointed if those weren't addressed, regardless of what other improvements were made to the game.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 06-17-2011 at 08:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »