Home

Any CPU generated Recruit Ratings yet?

This is a discussion on Any CPU generated Recruit Ratings yet? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #17
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
If we do get some recruit info, I've created a couple charts on the true frosh from the default rosters for comparison sake. They are in the roster forum.

Got QBs and HBs done so far, so if we can get some recruit info, it'll be easy to compare to the default roster.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #18
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
If we do get some recruit info, I've created a couple charts on the true frosh from the default rosters for comparison sake. They are in the roster forum.

Got QBs and HBs done so far, so if we can get some recruit info, it'll be easy to compare to the default roster.
Nice. Yeah, our battleplan for the legends league is to get the initial real freshmen ratings in line with the CPU generated classes.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Any CPU generated Recruit Ratings yet?

I'm most likely going to be paying this game online too, but I didn't play it at all last year, so I'm not aware of the scope of the problem here.

It sounds like ratings for new freshmen classes are generally lower than those of existing freshmen, such that the general talent level of players declines with the franchise.

Does this wind up basically equalling/evening out where everyone is the same talent level, or what? I'm curious to know exactly how this issue kills the franchise and how many years you have to get into it before it's not playable.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hopefully they vary recruits as well. Last year there seemed to be the same players with the same attributes year in and year out. Got really annoying. I hope they fixed kickers and punters as well. Most of em came in with like mid 50's KPW and ACU even if they weren't walk-ons. The walk-ons shouldn't be that poorly rated either.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:50 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm most likely going to be paying this game online too, but I didn't play it at all last year, so I'm not aware of the scope of the problem here.

It sounds like ratings for new freshmen classes are generally lower than those of existing freshmen, such that the general talent level of players declines with the franchise.

Does this wind up basically equalling/evening out where everyone is the same talent level, or what? I'm curious to know exactly how this issue kills the franchise and how many years you have to get into it before it's not playable.
From what I can remember White Out had a great thread on it last year when he got the game (and has one this year too), but basically you got it, all the teams overall letter grade ratings declined with the lower rated recruits and all the teams became relatively equal after a few seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #22
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

Just bumping this thread back to page 1. This remains the biggest unknown.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Well considering, they have toned down the ratings somewhat of the current players, and teams still manage to have A ratings every where, then maybe it isn't as much of a problem. If the guys no your team are currently closer to 70's or so, then the good recruits you bring in will hopefully be around their level and after a few years, they'll develop into the 80's and 90's players found at the top of these squads. Seems to me like the problem was slapping a couple dozen 90's players on a team to begin with and then having to replace those guys with players in the 70's. Of course there is going to be drop off.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #24
Banned

Draconian Sanctions's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't have a problem with overall talent decline, I would rather have only a few A/A- rated teams, a handful of B+ or B and a larger B- and C+ middle with C- and D+ for the bottom teams. IMO that's in line with real college football. But the stuff where the safteys have a huge gap between acceleration and speed is a definite problem. Is it possible to address that sort of thing with slider variations down the line?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »