Home

I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12

This is a discussion on I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #25
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: I'm Extremely Disappointed With VT's Entrance In 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
More like 100+. Nearly every team with an actual entrance is still not right. Miami, Oklahoma, UNC,, VT. Every team that has a unique entrance in the game may get the general them or certain aspects right, but not the actual entrance itself.

Like OU being led by Boomer Sooner even though it comes out on the complete opposite side of the field in real life. Or UNC who comes out of an imaginary tunnel on the wrong side of the stadium. It's cool that EA is adding all the entrances, but if you're going to do them, get them right the first time. Look at Madden, all their entrances are pretty much exactly what you'd see on Sunday while in NCAA we just get an idea of what the entrance is, but not the actual entrance.
OSU's entrance is very meh, it's pretty much Identical to last year, but I honestly don't care. I like all of the intro's, but I'm not going to get the slightest bit upset if their not completely accurate though. They really should do them right, but I honestly find it very hard to care about the intro's to that extent.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #26
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
More like 100+. Nearly every team with an actual entrance is still not right. Miami, Oklahoma, UNC,, VT. Every team that has a unique entrance in the game may get the general them or certain aspects right, but not the actual entrance itself.

Like OU being led by Boomer Sooner even though it comes out on the complete opposite side of the field in real life. Or UNC who comes out of an imaginary tunnel on the wrong side of the stadium. It's cool that EA is adding all the entrances, but if you're going to do them, get them right the first time. Look at Madden, all their entrances are pretty much exactly what you'd see on Sunday while in NCAA we just get an idea of what the entrance is, but not the actual entrance.
It's a video game, I don't expect everything to be 110% authentic to the last small detail.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
It's a video game, I don't expect everything to be 110% authentic to the last small detail.
Yea, but quite a few do. We've seen everything from WVU's stripe on the helmet being the wrong shade of blue to Arizona having a logo on the pants that is no longer there.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #28
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Lets not compare Madden with NCAA, we're talking 32 vs 120+ unique team entrances. While there are many things wrong with many different teams we all have got to remember that everything has a priority and all cant be accomplished within a year. The fact they are addressing entrances, more so, is a step in the right direction.
YouTube: TBD
Old 07-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #29
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

Exactly. I mean, and not even being biased on this one, Va Tech has an entrance that is widely considered a top 3 entrance in all of college football. Is it that hard to show the long, dark tunnel for a couple of seconds (I mean, they already have a tunnel, just make it close to the Va Tech one where it's much more narrow and dark), have them sprint out while jumping up and touching the Hokie Stone, and then pan the camera to the crowd jumping up and down, shaking the stadium.

That's not even a good comparison to the real one, but it's better than giving a team that is known for having one of the most regarded entrances in football nothing while other schools have minute long intros.

But for those who don't know it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwmuPK9OEC4 I mean, come on. Listen to the commentators. If any school deserves their entrance in that didn't get it, it's Va Tech.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Last edited by Roggie; 07-03-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #30
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

it is a bunch of garbage, but what can you do? ea's attention to detail is crap.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #31
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
it is a bunch of garbage, but what can you do? ea's attention to detail is crap.
Yep. I mean, trust me. I understand they can't do every team. But why would you skip a perennial top 10-15 team that wins ten games or more every season and has a widely considered top 3 entrance?

I wouldn't be overly mad if they skipped putting in anything for UNC, because UNC isn't a program that's near the top of the nation and their entrance isn't considered one of, if not the, best entrance out there. But Va Tech's entrance? I don't understand why.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I think some people took my comments the wrong way. I am not saying it's pointless to have entrances if they're wrong, but I am just saying that if they're going to spend time on them, why not get them done correctly?

Do I like them paying attention to entrances? Certainly, I watch them every single time, even the generic ones. But I wish they were a lot more authentic and accurate.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »