Home

Gamespot Review: They think the "squiggly lines" for WR routes is a bug...

This is a discussion on Gamespot Review: They think the "squiggly lines" for WR routes is a bug... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-15-2011, 05:30 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Gamespot Review: They think the "squiggly lines" for WR routes is a bug...

And here's how the reviewer tried to justify himself in response to a reader's pm:

Quote:
Sorry, I looked through the manual and in-game menus and couldn't find an explanation for the squiggly lines. It looks ridiculous and had no impact on the gameplay, so I could only assume it was a bug. It's even stranger now that I know it's a design decision. Either way, I'll correct my mistake when I get in the office tomorrow.

I did talk about the "overhaul" of the two modes in my text review. Glory lets you play both sides of the ball now and Dynasty has coaching carousel. So, yeah, minor additions, while the rest of the features are unrealistic and illogical.
If he looked thorugh the manual for an explanation it does mean he's never played a previous NCAA in the past three years at least (HFA was introduced in 09). Now how does he justify that?
Old 07-15-2011, 05:34 AM   #34
Banned

TheMove4's Arena

OVR: 7

This proves that reviews for sports game are done alot by people who dont even watch sports or play sport games.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:06 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
And here's how the reviewer tried to justify himself in response to a reader's pm:

If he looked thorugh the manual for an explanation it does mean he's never played a previous NCAA in the past three years at least (HFA was introduced in 09). Now how does he justify that?
Didn't the game come without a manual this year? How exactly did he look through a non-existent manual is what I am wondering, unless he was talking only about the information in menus?

In an event it's pretty clear this guy hasn't played games in the series in a long time.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 07:22 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Didn't the game come without a manual this year? How exactly did he look through a non-existent manual is what I am wondering, unless he was talking only about the information in menus?

In an event it's pretty clear this guy hasn't played games in the series in a long time.
The Manual is on the disc. You can select it from the menu.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:29 AM   #37
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

Im very surprised that the reviewer didnt catch an even bigger bug/glitch in that when you kick a field goal after a touchdown that it only gives you one point instead of three. Just plain unacceptable there.
Spoiler
Old 07-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #38
Rookie

Jerzey Devilz's Arena

OVR: 2

Wow, I'm usually a Gamespot fan. After that they lose all credibility with me, you should atleast take the time to learn the features the game has to offer!!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #39
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

That response is hilarious. Nothing better than when someone is caught being a complete idiot and they try to cover it up by being a pompous ******* and saying "whatever, it's a stupid idea anyway".
Old 07-15-2011, 08:08 AM   #40
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Exactly. I find it impossible to believe that someone who has played the game any significant amount of time over the last few years has not come across this before. Also, even after learning it's a design choice, he still doesn't seem to understand why it is there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »