Home

Gamespot Review: They think the "squiggly lines" for WR routes is a bug...

This is a discussion on Gamespot Review: They think the "squiggly lines" for WR routes is a bug... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #41
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Gamespot Review: They think the "squiggly lines" for WR routes is a bug...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas850
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....

They gave the game a 7.0, but how you can you take anything else in that review seriously b/c it's obvious this person has never played NCAA before.
Wow what a moron. Did he even notice that those squiggly lines only happens with the road team in key moments of a game? What a clown. Probably some sissy boy who only plays Black Ops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Everyone needs to write and bombard Gamespot with e-mails about this idiot. This is the reason reviews are so sketchy now and the vast majority of us don't use them. Most gamers listen to OTHER GAMERS on forums and personal sites. Not some clown like this behind a desk who is ordered to do a job and write a review for said title.

We should all e-mail and complain that this is the situation that is wrong with the reviewing battle ground and it is time someone takes some professionalism into their company and do it correctly. Matter of fact I am off to e-mail them
Old 07-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #43
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....

They gave the game a 7.0, but how you can you take anything else in that review seriously b/c it's obvious this person has never played NCAA before.
I'm still laughing. This has to be some kind of joke??? Really it does. The squiggly lines have been there since the PS2/xbox days, and he was not aware of it? WOW!!!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Maybe I am blind as all hell but have been searching for 5 min or so and can't find a gamespot e-mail addy. I guess they truly don't want to be contacted. So you are forced to use their forum which you know is mostly controlled by mods so the chance of getting complaints to the true people at gamespot seems like it won't happen.

Wow is all I can say. How can they allow this ignorance in the reviewing pool??? That is like asking my girlfriend to do a review for NCAA12, hell she would at least know what the squiggly lines are supposed to be representing.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

Wow this must be the first time this guy has played NCAA football because he didn't get a scholarship from any schools in RTG and didn't understand what he was supposed to do in recruiting. And he still tries to say it's the same as last year when he didn't play last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:

Old 07-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 7

I agree the review is bad, but I hadn't played NCAA in years and in the demo the squiggly lines I also thought was a bug. I didn't realize it wasn't until I saw someone mention that it was intended... That said, I think getting someone familiar with the series to review the game is ideal.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 24

I'm suprised the reviewer also didn't say something like this:
" the absence of players' names makes the game feel generic. EA should try to implement names in future installments"....

SMDH.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »