Home

Coaching Carousel Question (Offline Dynasty)

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel Question (Offline Dynasty) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
Rookie

Chef J2's Arena

OVR: 6
Coaching Carousel Question (Offline Dynasty)

In an offline Dynasty, I like to control multiple teams. Assuming that I put myself as a coach for a team and create additional coaches to control as well, can I still name the additional coaches as the actual coach that coaches that team?

For example...
If I choose to select LSU as one of the additional teams, when I name/create the coach 'Les Miles' will it move the original 'Les Miles' into a coaching pool resulting in 2 'Les Miles' being in my dynasty?

As confusing as I think it seems, I hope someone understands what I am asking and has some information...

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Coaching Carousel Question (Offline Dynasty)

Interesting Question, that made me think of another question. How many coaches are actually in the CC? Are there coaches in the CC that do not have a job during the season, or are there just enough coaches for all Coaching Positions?
I know they said that the game generated new Coaches to replace the Retiring Coaches, but if a CPU HC gets fired from a lower program; is he guaranteed to get a new job (because there are only enough coaches to fill all coaching positions), does he get replaced by a new CPU generated coach(and is then removed from the CC forever), or will he remain in the CC without a job for a season with the chance of getting hired the following season?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

I think coaches that get fired just get a job at a lesser program. I could be wrong, but I don't think they create new coaches until someone retires. That could be something to be addressed next year but its great so far.

Also, if you download one of the current rosters (majesty95 on PSN) you will have all players and coaches named. Then you can just select to use a current coach if you want.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 07-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

can you create additional coaches and be in charge of multiple teams? If so how? I was told you can't do multi-player offline dynasties
Old 07-15-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

In a dynasty I'm just simming the computer created new coahches to fill in for coaches who retired also new coaches randomly for jobs while real coaches did not if that makes sense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef J2
In an offline Dynasty, I like to control multiple teams. Assuming that I put myself as a coach for a team and create additional coaches to control as well, can I still name the additional coaches as the actual coach that coaches that team?

For example...
If I choose to select LSU as one of the additional teams, when I name/create the coach 'Les Miles' will it move the original 'Les Miles' into a coaching pool resulting in 2 'Les Miles' being in my dynasty?

As confusing as I think it seems, I hope someone understands what I am asking and has some information...

Thanks!
I think your understanding is correct, if you replace Les Miles with Les Miles there will be two in dynasty.

What you could do is edit the original coaches before you start a dynasty; rename him... let's say Mes Liles, make him 66 years old with D- prestige. That way when you replace him with your Les Miles, Mes Liles should retire quietly at the end of the season.

The only problem, whenever you create a new coach I think they start out at D prestige, but I'm not 100% sure on that part.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #7
Rookie

seriously is there a way to create multiple coaches and control more than one team?
Old 07-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #8
Rookie

anyone know if it is possible to control multiple teams in an off-line dynasty?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »