Home

Is the Stiff Arm Broke???

This is a discussion on Is the Stiff Arm Broke??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Is the Stiff Arm Broke???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
I didn't make it clear enough. If you tap A while alone it will switch the ball, if you tap A with a defender about to hit you it will make the stiff arm animation with you free arm. I never said stiff arm with the hand your hold the ball with. That just stupid to assume

Try tapping right before contact, and try holding. You will have More succsess with tap, just like flicking the right stick to truck rather then holding it.
I've had a different experience. With Mike James I can get it to work a decent amount holding it, but whenever I tap I always get into that arm pull tackle animation.

― Plato
Old 07-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #18
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

I use it all the time and I would say it works about 80% of the time with my power RB.

I actually never really intend on using it, it's just a "OH SHI-NING DIAMONDS better do something to avoid getting crushed!(using Pickle's UPer accent from metalocalypse)" type of decision.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:01 PM   #19
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
Flick and tap

While loading a tip comes up saying "try to use the truck stick right before you get hit." The same thing goes for the stiff arm. I use the stiff arm as my main move and see multiple animations. The most luck I have with it is to tap it right before contact. Do not hold it down, but use it more like a jab.

Every move I do with right stick or button is a flick or tap.
Once you get the timing down you will push off guys with your arm, or throw them to the ground and so. Very rewarding

Ps. Do not use it to early, it will never work. Just like real life its hard to tackle a guy when I get punched in the face mask, verses grabbing his arm that he has been holding out at me for the last yard.
I'm glad someone asked this question, and I'm thankful for this description! I wasn't sure if I should be tapping it quick a few times, tapping once, holding it, whatever. But dang, I just got it to work!
Old 07-17-2011, 01:23 AM   #20
Rookie

awil1026's Arena

OVR: 0

I have trouble with it too, but i guess it really helps if you're an impact player that is in the zone as evidenced in this video

EA Sports: NCAA Football 12 Video
just nasty lol

Last edited by awil1026; 07-17-2011 at 01:27 AM. Reason: really i cant get this down either, but i always make sure i put the ball on the outside when i get in the open
Old 07-17-2011, 01:28 AM   #21
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by awil1026
I have trouble with it too, but i guess it really helps if you're an impact player that is in the zone as evidenced in this video

EA Sports: NCAA Football 12 Video
just nasty lol
I can tell from that video that you don't hit A early enough. Try hitting it half a second earlier and you will probably see better results.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »