Home

Roster Edits for better Game Play Guide

This is a discussion on Roster Edits for better Game Play Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #49
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Roster Edits for better Game Play Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpq12
Can you speak to how one might go about editing players to run(CPU) the option/read option correctly? Would I just jack up the CPU QB AWR? Would they make the right option reads?

How could I stop the super ends that blow up every read option play?
You would need to raise their awareness and ball carrier vision. Far as the DEs, you could lower their pursuit and play recognition.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26
Hey MadSkillz,
With these edits, are you seeing defensive ends use their special moves (swims, spins) at all? I've edited, for testing purposes, the RE on MTSU with your recommendations for "dominating DEs," but unless I play as him, he doesn't use any of those special moves. I did the same with a DT, and he used more moves than the DE. Is this a slider issue or a roster issue?

Any help would be great,
JAH
depends on your pass rush slider

for example last year i had the Pass rush slider at 100 and CPU Pass Block at 55 and sure enough my AI controlled DE's would use all their pass rush moves on their own.

I controll a DT so i was able to actually see them use those moves

Most sliders tend to lower the pass rush slider down but what that actually does is make your DL very conservative in their pass rush it takes away from their ability to use Finesse moves and power moves if the situation calls for it.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Option offense is the longest process of them all...

I was able to get Navy and Air Force to have success in NCAA 11 because of the following edits

QB-Awareness + Ball Carrier Vision

WR's, RB's, FB's and TE's-Impact Blocking + Run Block Footwork + Run Block Strength

OL-Awareness + IMPACT Blocking

BY the way the reason why i don't use EA's default OL ratings is because they are terrible.....I can show you a few videos of my created Offensive Linemen in NCAA 11 locating the right man to block all because their awareness and IMPACT Blocking was improved

EA for years loves to rate the OL as if they are Pop Warner kids

A offensive Linemen doesn't need great strength in this game to block effectively you'd be surprised what Awareness and IMPACT Blocking can do for those guys even without having 80 strength.

In fact it's been 5-6 years now and the OL has been sub par out of the box every year. ....

They should just let me handle their OL blocking ratings in the future I can't do any worse....

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 06:44 PM   #52
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Hmmm. I'm going to go into the spead option teams and increase the impact block and see what results i get. I need to get the hell away from this forum in general in regards to sliders. I used to modify sliders based on the offense i was playing, and i think i'm going back to that. But i want to use these player edits though no question. Hopefully the named roster thing isn't affecting me on the PS3 side.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #53
Pro

amoore0192's Arena

OVR: 7

What about making the next Jake Long on offense or an amazing pass rushing DT ala Warren Sapp? And maybe the next Randy Moss.

CUSTOM COVERS
&
CUSTOM UNIFORM DESIGNS
Old 07-20-2011, 08:04 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

I was kinda looking over the rosters today and to me it appears EA reduced the suction blocking up front because they reduced the Strength rating for Pass and Run Block by most of the Offfensive Linemen as opposed to years past.

They then countered that by providing some terrible awareness ratings for Offensive linemen making it appear you could beat them easier without suction blocking.

I tried this on a few teams on my NCAA 11 rosters switched around players with low strength and awareness and then matched them up with speed pass rushers and sure enough because of the low pass block strength the OT's were very easy to disengage from the block and the suction into them didn't occur right away

So it appears they are using the ratings in a sneaky way to promote new gameplay improvements when some of this stuff was already available to us had they done this in years past..............

It's kinda like the LB's you still see cases were they are leaping out the gym but for the most all EA really did was lower the jump ratings down that is what i saw aswell from observing the default rosters.

I'm still trying to figure out how they opened up the special teams but it appears to me that they did something with the pursuit on kickoffs and punts it's almost as if they slowed the players down. Most of the starters still have good pursuit ratings in NCAA 12 much like NCAA 11 on offense they will flow to the ball quickly but on special teams you can tell pursuit isn't as great as it was in previous years.

I also think from testing that the reason why any WR in the game regardless if he's a 80 rated WR or 60 rated WR can beat a top rated DB deep because the release ratings and Catch IN Traffic ratings aren't spread otu enough to seperate great players from avg players

I see too many small WR's with a release rating as if they are Terrell Owens or Michael Irvin and it makes any CB in this game that uses press coverage for the CPU obsolete which in turn allows the WR's to blow by them very easily down the field on deep throws

There should be a wider gap in strength, release and Catch In traffic ratings between the top WR's and lower rated guys and also big WR's vs smaller WR's....

You guys might want to file this away but a big CB with 90+ Press vs a smaller WR should be able to hold him up much better when goes to Jam him.....the only way to bring more realism into that animation is to start sorting out the smaller WR's and make them less stronger than a guy 6'4 215 lbs at WR

I don't understand why they can't get this right....i have no problems with smaller guys being very effective in space especially if you don't jam them or bump them enough....but come on most of these guys are playing like Larry Fitzgerald and just brushing off the CB when he presses up on them.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 9

PM.. You are right.. Just fixing QB's alone don't fix the option teams alone. I may test these out with GT tonight and see what I get
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #56
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah......I noticed that too about the suction thing, all they did was alter some ratings. HOWEVER there is still suction when between OTs and DEs when the cpu controls them.

Seen it with my own eyes many times now, when a DE would run pass the OT and then turn around to engage an OT he already got passed.

Far as the WRs, yeah they tad bit too strong for their weight and then release is too high and DBs press is too low.

Over all however I am kind of bummed how the game plays different between named rosters and non named rosters.

Just ended a recent test I been doing for the past 4 hours.

Ohio St vs Arkansas
Michigan vs Notre Dame

Played 2 games with names, 2 games without names.

With names

Ohio St Qb scrambled once
Michigan QB didn't scramble

Without names

Ohio St QB scrambled 21 times
Michigan QB scrambled 16 times

With names

0 take out the leg tackles
3 big hits
Good amount of route jumping
More tipped passes by LBs
A lot of roughing the passer fouls

With out names

5 take out the leg tackles
10 big hits
Not a lot of route jumping
Very few tipped passes by LBs
Not one roughing the passer foul

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »